Andrew Cooper Incorporated
Andrew Cooper Incorporated is a fast-paced well-established company with client base across western Canada is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team at Red Deer as Mechanical Technician. Mechanical Technician is a professional who performs routine technical procedures with occasional direct supervision and who may assume limited responsibility for any decision-making process. Position requires work around three weeks on and one week off.
We prefer individuals with a Mechanical background. (AKA familiar with tools, how they work and applying mechanical knowledge)
Roles and Responsibilities
· Assisting the mechanical engineer with mechanical design and maintenance tasks.
· Installing and performing diagnostic tests on mechanical systems.
· Implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
· Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs.
· Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
· Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
· Optimizing mechanical efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings.
· Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
· Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
· Disassemble, repair/replace defective equipment parts, and reassemble equipment using proper safety procedures.
· Customer Asset Management
· Create JSA
· Two-year Associates degree in mechanical engineering technology or related field.
· Member of ASET considered an asset.
· A minimum of two years’ experience as a mechanical technician in a related industry.
· Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
· Great organizational and time management abilities.
· Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
· Willingness to work on consolidated work week.
· Proficiency in using Hand Tools
· Proficient in using I-Pad and other devices
· Provide input for documentation and invoice
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $250.00 per day
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Mechanical: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 5 License (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.