Mathnasium of Stouffville
Mathnasium of Stouffville is hiring Math Instructors/Tutors
Mathnasium Learning Centres provide supplementary after-school math instruction for students in a positive and encouraging environment. Curriculum and materials are predetermined for each student based on the student’s strengths and problem areas. Instructors are expected to apply Mathnasium-specific teaching methods learned through required training.
Instructors are part-time employees who typically work flexible hours.
- Ability to teach math at ANY level. Positions available for elementary Math Instructors and for high school Math Instructors (including Grade 12 Advanced Functions, Data Management, Calculus and Vectors).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and build a rapport with parents, colleagues, and students of all ages.
- Passionate about math and education.
- Willingness to learn and apply the Mathnasium Method is essential
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camp counselor, etc.)
- Ontario certified teachers with math as a teachable, early childhood educators, university students, and graduates from programs with a heavy math content are encouraged to apply.
- Must provide Police Vulnerable Sector Check, if offered employment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a resume detailing your educational background, proficiency in math, teaching experience or other experience working with children.
We thank all candidates in advance, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly rate is competitive and increases according to experience. Opportunities for growth within the company are open for committed candidates.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 8-20 per week
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Do you live in Markham or Stouffville?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-17
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.