The MRG Group
Marketing Manager, MRG LIVE
The MRG Group
WE CREATE POSITIVE SHAREABLE EXPERIENCES
The MRG Group is a leader in experience creation. In operation since 2008, The MRG Group has grown to become Canada’s largest independent entertainment company, and through its ownership of 8 hospitality properties and 6 venues across Canada, the business is passionate about providing positive shareable experiences for its guests, 500+ employees, and partners.
In addition, The MRG Group owns and operates an events business, travel company, digital publication, and ticketing service Admit One. In 2021, the business expanded its presence into the US, signing its first venue deals with properties in New York and California later that year.
The MRG Group’s portfolio of properties and experience based businesses boast a captive audience of 700k+ unique individuals and growing!
Working with us provides our employees with an opportunity to work in the exciting experience industry where your work will directly contribute to creating positive shareable experiences and memories for our guests.
The MRG Group offers opportunities for growth, cross-division collaboration with extremely talented and passionate people. We find solutions and celebrate our wins together as a team.
The MRG Group by the numbers in 2022:
- 9 Hospitality Properties across Canada
- 1000+ live shows per year via the largest Independent Concert Promotions Company in Canada, MRG Live
- 6 Live Entertainment Venues
- MRG Travel – Curating Travel Experiences
- Admit One – Ticketing Platform
- BeatRoute – Global lifestyle digital media company
What we’re looking for:
Do you have a passion for music, the arts, creative people, adding value and making magic happen? Do you spend the majority of your spare time in a live crowd or discovering new music? Do you want to take your foundation of great attention to detail, relationships in the industry, ability to create, problem solve, organize and bring it to the next level? If so, this is a unique opportunity for someone with amazing marketing skills to work with our MRG Live team on a variety of projects.
We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals who have a love for the live event and music space. Outside the box creative thinkers and problem solvers thrive at The MRG Group and are given the resources to build a successful career within the music industry.
As a Marketing Manager within The MRG Group’s Live unit, you will join a team of motivated marketers who actively work on live events within British Columbia and across Canada. MRG’s Live Marketing department works side by side with our team of buyers to launch and execute the marketing of our live events, concerts, tours, and music festivals. You will develop plans for the marketing of assigned shows and work directly with talent management and agents to execute these plans.
Do you think you have what it takes? Pull up your socks and show us, don’t tell us!
- Lead the execution, analysis and optimization of marketing initiatives to meet and exceed live event projections
- Use data and insights to identify marketing opportunities and guide decision making
- Work with the talent buying team to align on priorities and maintain open channels of communication throughout the show lifecycle
- Bring new creative marketing ideas to the team and to each campaign
- Develop and control marketing budgets related to your assigned events
- Build and maintain relationships with external media partners, external venue contacts, artist agent and management teams
- Lead, coach and mentor junior members of the Live marketing team to enhance the department’s overall talent density
- Identify and act on opportunities for cross-promotion and collaboration between business units within The MRG Group
- Work cross-functionally with all areas of the business including Ticketing, Operations, Finance, Production, People and Culture, Development and Talent Buying
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2-3 years of experience in a marketing role
- Process oriented with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- High competency in project management
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of current marketing trends in the digital space
- Experience within the Entertainment or Experience Industry preferred
- Experience within the ticketed event space preferred
- Available evenings and/or weekends, as required
Terms & Expectations
- Due to the nature of the work, after hours correspondence may be required
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive starting salary
- A generous vacation package which allows you to rest and rejuvenate throughout the year
- Participation in the MRG Travel Ambassador Program
- A fun and casual environment. You will be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- Employee Discounts to our concerts/shows, at our hospitality venues
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment where everyone can show up authentically to work each day and feel respected
- Career development opportunities with a company that encourages individuals to learn and grow
- Guest list access to concerts/shows
Thank you for your interest in MRG. Given the anticipated interest in this role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Marketing: 2 years (required)
- Management: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.