University of Toronto
Date Posted: 04/12/2023
Req ID: 30547
Faculty/Division: VP – University Operations
Department: Food Services
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00049707
Spaces & Experiences constantly endeavours to make the University of Toronto experience a great one. Our portfolio is dedicated to providing the highest quality and cost-effective solutions to the St. George campus and community. Food Services – one of the business encompassed under the Spaces & Experiences umbrella at the University of Toronto oversees more than 30 food locations across the St. George campus and runs various programs, community outreach events, sustainability initiatives, and campus Meal Plans.
The Spaces & Experiences Marketing and Communications team works closely with Food Services to promote services and achieve business objectives across the University’s St. George campus. The Marketing and Communications team consists of brand, web, media, design, and social media experts who support all of the Spaces & Experiences business streams. Within this collaborative environment, and under the direction of the Director, Marketing & Communications for S&E, the incumbent will work closely with the various leaders in the Food Services portfolio and the rest of the marketing and communications team, to help Food Services achieve their business goals. This position will act as a marketing liaison between the Food Services and Marketing teams in implementing marketing and communications plans and objectives. This position, as a core member of the central marketing and communicationsteam, will also help develop and execute additional portfolio wide marketing and communications plans and projects as needed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing communication plans that support outreach goals and objectives
- Implementing marketing and advertising plans to increase revenue-generating activities
- Advising clients on marketing and advertising strategies for multimedia channels
- Implementing community relations outreach plans for targeted audiences
- Help to create and maintain presence on social media platforms
- Advising on the development of promotional/outreach materials
- Conceptualizing, organizing and executing event activities
- Promoting events and programs to target audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience in Marketing/Communications.
- Excellent customer service skills, providing detailed information and support to clients
- Demonstrated ability to tackle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency related to MS Word, Excel, Teams and Sharepoint
- Intermediate computer skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Advanced skills in online cloud-based design platforms (Canva, Visme)
- Demonstrated experience working with WordPress, CMS and Social Media Platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook)
- Project management certification
- Experience working in higher education, government, or non-profit industry
- Experience in food industry marketing and communications, and developing campaigns
- Experience in managing projects, creating and writing project plans and project briefs
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Goal oriented
- Motivated self-learner
- Problem solver
- Team player
All applicants are encouraged to submit any additional supporting documents or examples of their work with their application.
Closing Date: 04/20/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 — $67,659 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $86,523. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations. Regular daytime schedule (8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Recruiter: Meagan White
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.