- Please note that students must resume their studies after the internship is completed. Recent graduates are invited to apply to other roles.
Position: Marketing Associate, Pharma- Summer Student
Job Title: Marketing Associate, Pharma- Summer Student
Location: 100 Milverton Rd, Mississauga Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday (Hybrid)
Contract: May 6 2024, to august 30 2024
Compensation will be determined based on the number of credits completed at time of offer. Should additional credits be received during employment you may submit this to your manager for salary adjustment.
Are you someone who is passionate and interested in a career in the pharmaceutical industry? Are you interested in marketing and how it impacts patient lives? If so, this internship with GlaxoSmithKline may be the right opportunity for you!
Our Pharmaceuticals business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines in respiratory, HIV, immuno-inflammation, and oncology. We are strengthening our R&D pipeline by focusing on immunology, human genetics, and advanced technologies to help us deliver transformational new medicines for patients.
Our strategy is to research and produce innovative, high-quality, and needed medicines, making these as accessible as possible to countries at all levels of income and development. We focus on creating a differentiated pipeline, leading in HIV and respiratory, and developing our presence in specialty therapy areas, including oncology and immuno-inflammation.
Our portfolio includes innovative and established medicines, and we have leading global positions in respiratory disease and HIV. We have been a leader in respiratory disease for over 40 years and have a portfolio of mature products.
We are in search of an ambitious, dynamic and proactive Marketing Associate Intern to support the strategic initiatives of Canada’s premier pharmaceutical company. If you are a motivated individual with a zeal for innovation, a solutions-oriented mindset, and a dedication to excellence, we encourage you to join our team.
As a key player in our marketing department, you will be instrumental in coordinating internal events and driving the promotion of our brands, while also contributing to the analysis and reporting that informs our marketing strategies. This position offers a unique opportunity to work on our brand portfolio and gain comprehensive experience in the fast-paced world of pharmaceutical marketing.
Details (Your Responsibilities):
- Provide support with the organization and implementation of key internal meetings including annual business planning and sales meetings.
- Assist in the development and execution of digital promotional tactics for key mature brands.
- Prepare marketing activity reports by gathering insights from sales data, activity metrics, and make tactical recommendations.
- Support sales initiatives including communications on key events/activities, trail guides for new materials, and building an electronic library of training and promotional resources.
- Support with day-to-day administrative activities such as submitting POs, managing content lab, working with translation team, and more.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills:
- Master’s degree in progress; strong preference for business, marketing, advertising, or digital.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong sense of accountability and organization.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of general marketing principles such as segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
- Strong project management skills including coordinating with internal and external colleagues and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Strong sense of curiosity to critically examine opportunities and challenges and use evidence and data to gather insights and drive decisions.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and learning agility. Motivated to grow and understands how to leverage resources to support their development.
- Medical or Pharmacy degree or advanced degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Physiology.
- Bilingualism (English/French).
- Experience in Marketing.
- Previous Internship Experience.
- Strong interest in marketing processes for commercialization of pharmaceuticals, financial management in the pharmaceutical market and life cycle management.
- Strong Project Management skills a key asset.
Uniting science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.