University of Saskatchewan
To work as part of a team responsible for executive education including leadership development, management-training programs, non-credit certificate programs and special events delivered through Edwards Executive Education, Edwards School of Business.
Nature of Work:
Reporting to the Manager, Business Development Edwards Executive Education, this position involves working with Edwards’ faculty, external consultants and the business community to grow and promote management and executive training and development workshops, non-credit certificate programs and special events. Marketing knowledge, creative/tactical skills and the ability to manage execution of marketing and sales plans essential requirements. This position is subject to constant internal and external deadlines and shifting priorities. Discretionary decision-making is required. Flexibility in working hours is necessary, as there will be some early mornings, evening and weekend commitments. Occasional travel is required.
The successful candidate exercises judgment, decision-making and problem solving to foster a strong professional relationship among external stakeholders, program participants, program faculty, unit staff and other collaborative partners within the university.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
Participate in the implementation of strategic direction, growth and business development for Edwards Executive Education. This will include, but is not limited to, the following:
Communications and Marketing
- Utilize stakeholder input, client input, market demand and industry trends to evaluate and refresh sales and marketing strategies and research new markets.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of a variety of social media platforms and tools and manage social media channels to engage alumni and generate new business including online advertising and lead generation.
- Utilize marketing campaign data and metrics to develop and nurture existing and new relationships resulting in full enrollment and new company engagement.
- Direct and provide support to the unit with development of advertising copy design, social media and videos ensuring consistency and that brand standards are met.
- Maintain and update customer database.
- Maintain and update communication media such as e-newsletters, content calendars, program brochures and course advertisements.
- Follow up on sales leads.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization(s).
- Develop, maintain and evaluate reports, budgets and metrics.
- Ensure brand alignment with Edwards School of Business and University of Saskatchewan
- Support the management of the top of the funnel lead generation.
- Support the management of brand retention and referral through growing relationships
- Support the execution of the Business Development, Sales and Marketing Strategies
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor degree, preferably Commerce, with a marketing major.
A minimum of three-five years related industry experience, including experience in online advertising, cold-call sales and with editing marketing materials. Experience in graphic design and use of social media tools, analytics and content planning. Preference will be given to applicants holding experience gained at a post-secondary institution or organization of similar size and complexity. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, pay keen attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, and professionalism in dealing with people.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; proven ability to work independently, collaboratively and as an effective team member and to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated creativity in problem solving and approach to program planning; superior customer service ethic and expectations for quality; proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in the use of social media tools, analytical and digital marketing techniques.
- Superior working proficiency using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Google Ads Certification/Facebook Ad Certification would be an asset.
Department: Edwards School of Business
Employment Group: ASPA
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $49,301.00 – 77,033.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable): Specialist Professional
Salary Phase/Band: Phase 1
Posted Date: 1/3/2023
Closing Date: 1/20/2023 at 6:00 pm CST
Number of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The successful applicant will be required to provide the following current verification(s) where ‘Yes’ is indicated below. Further information is available at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Criminal Record Check: Not Applicable
Driver’s License and Abstract Check: Not Applicable
Education/Credential Verification: Not Applicable
Vulnerable Sector Check: Not Applicable
Please review the University of Saskatchewan’s health and safety requirements for faculty, staff andstudents in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request. The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.