LHM Technologies Inc.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning and establishing the manufacturing process of components while ensuring processes adhere to customer and industry standards. They will coordinate with the various departments and suppliers throughout the manufacturing process to establish controls for machining and special processing as per customer and industry specifications. The exploration of new technologies and optimizing current processes are key factors to maintaining a competitive advantage.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Request For Quote (RFQ) Preparation:
- Analyze RFQs, drawings, part list and specifications in order to determine material, machining and processing requirements.
- Coordinate with suppliers for material and processing quotes.
- Determine possible issues and unachievable requirements. Collaborate with customers to resolve issues and aid in drawing/design changes.
- Coordinate with Business Development to assist in quote development and ensure on time delivery of proposals.
Job Preparation/Manufacturing Development:
- Setup and manage contract reviews with Production, Programming, Quality and Project Management team members. Determine the optimal production method, manufacturing and assembly plans including outsourced special processes.
- Provide assistance in tooling development and fixture design.
- Research and implement new products and technologies in order to improve manufacturing methods and processes.
- Develop shop floor operations and processes. Establish process routings, create travelers and develop operation instructions.
- Assist in arrangement of job schedule.
- Follow-up on projects to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and resolve technical questions and issues by assisting Programming, Production and Quality
(consult with customer/supplier when required).
Processing Approvals From Customers and Suppliers:
- Prepare Manufacturing process plans (MPS and Process Flow Diagrams) for part manufacturing and gather supplier techniques/processing matrices in reference to part manufacturing. Obtain customer approvals if and when required.
- Coordinate processes with service vendors and assist with development of new vendors and processes when required.
- Follow up and resolve issues with regards to supplier processing techniques.
- Maintain specification and supplier approvals.
- Complete all tasks and maintain documents according to LHM’s Quality Management System.
- Act as the liaison between LHM, the customer and suppliers for assigned projects (regarding technical information, technique approvals, etc).
- Assist in order to gain/maintain industry and customer approvals/certifications by participating in audits.
- Report directly to the Engineering Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities Required
- Technical Skill requirements include working experience with: Blueprint Reading, Basic Measuring
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing principles, methods and planning.
- Experience in the aerospace manufacturing sector with complex parts, multi axis and 5 axis machining (5 years or more experience preferred and experience in the landing systems sector).
- Ability to read/interpret prints and proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
- Strong focus on process improvement.
- Demonstrate proficiency with CAD/CAM software (SolidWorks, Catia) and Microsoft Office.
- Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Analytical thinking.
- Interpersonal skills (communicating and working effectively with others and influencing skills).
- Adaptability (able to respond flexibly to changing circumstances, aligns own actions with the changing needs of the business).
- Project Management skills. Demonstrate strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
AS9100 / Certification Responsibilities
LHM’s objective is to maintain its process and procedures according to AS9100 standards as well as other specifications and standards. All LHM employees are required to review, understand, and adhere to LHM’s Quality
Management System. It is imperative that all employees ensure they comprehend their primary and secondary
roles in maintaining LHM processes and procedures to ensure the Company’s certifications are not disrupted.
Employees may be required to participate in root cause and corrective action events to ensure continuous improvement and risk mitigation.
What LHM Offers
- Permanent full time positions
- Dynamic work environment with future opportunities for growth
- Hands on training & development
- Full Benefits Package – Health, Dental, etc.
- Work Perks benefit program – employee discounts
- Performance Bonus payment program
We thank all candidates for their interest in LHM Technologies Inc. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role will be contacted. Canadian
Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,395.17-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.