Who we are:
Evolugen is Brookfield Renewable’s Canadian operations business. Brookfield Renewable’s Canadian Portfolio consist of 61 renewable energy facilities across Canada, including 33 hydroelectric facilities, 4 wind farms, and 24 solar sites. As an industry leader, our mission is to develop and deploy sustainable solutions designed to accelerate Canada’s transition to a low-carbon future. As a recognized top employer of the National Capital Region, we are proud of our collaborative culture of 450 high-calibre professionals who help develop, support and operate our renewable energy portfolio in Canada.
You will want to join our team for:
- The competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Our health, dental & paramedical benefits
- Our retirement savings plan
- Our new LEED-certified office building
- The on-site gym & bike storage room
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with the Business Development and Commercial teams to monitor and influence market rules with ISOs and different regulatory bodies (Utilities & Utilities Commission, Transmission Providers, Crown Corporation, etc);
- Delivering value for the organization by proactively mitigating risks for our business, developing and advancing company priorities and commercial opportunities;
- Conducting research on regulatory, markets, and policy issues of relevance in the energy sector, with an emphasis on energy marketing, renewables, clean fuels, environmental attributes, as well as government programs and regulations;
- Keeping up to date with pertinent legislation, economic trends, developments in market rules, and government policy that might represent opportunities and risks for Evolugen;
- Preparing written and verbal communications – Public stakeholder processes, letters, memos, reports, presentations – reflecting research results and supporting advocacy priorities;
- Working in close collaboration with other Evolugen teams to ensure business priorities are coordinated;
- Representing Evolugen in renewable energy associations working groups.
You should apply if you:
- Have exceptional writing and communication skills;
- Are bilingual (French and English) is considered an asset;
- Have strong understanding of the Canadian energy markets regulatory landscapes;
- Have strong understanding of the North American renewable energy sector;
- Have the ability to adapt and pivot quickly to changing priorities.
What you must have:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline. Master’s Degree is considered an asset;
- 4+ years’ experience in regulatory, markets, policy, and/or government affairs in the energy sector;
- Experience in Western Canadian energy markets: BC, AB, SK, MB (more than one considered an asset).
Evolugen embraces and promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted to proceed to the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Do you have experience in Western Canadian energy markets?
- Do you have 4+ years of experience in regulatory, markets, policy, and/or government affairs in the energy sector?
- What is your salary expectation?
- English (required)
- French (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.