Ontario School Boards' Insurance Exchange
MANAGER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Ontario School Boards’ Insurance Exchange (OSBIE) is a non-profit insurance company, with headquarters in Guelph, providing commercial lines of insurance to the school boards of Ontario. We classify ourselves as a boutique insurance company with a highly qualified and close group of employees.
At OSBIE we foster a customer-focused culture and have great people working here, helping us ensure we provide excellent service to our subscribers. Our people are our greatest asset and at OSBIE we aim to provide work/life balance with hybrid work arrangements and a sense of community with a variety of social settings and events that promote a collaborative and connected work environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Manager of Information Technology will have an overall responsibility for the management and oversight of OSBIE’s IT requirements. This position requires partnering with the various OSBIE departments and IT staff to resolve issues, and determine the evolving systems and technology needs for the organization as well as supporting and enhancing existing systems. This role supports the IT needs of OSBIE’s two offices with 24 hybrid staff.
Systems and Infrastructure Management
- Manage systems and technology infrastructure including networking, servers, data backup, and disaster recovery. Connect various OSBIE platforms to the network and configure for optimum performance. Install, configure, and document new servers and applications Serve as systems administrator for servers and services
- Determine root cause of service issues and implement solutions that provide long term benefit and increased operational efficiency. Ensure information technology risks are mitigated and implement changes for continuous improvement
- Act as liaison with all departments to ensure that all information technology is compliant with appropriate IT hardware, software and OSBIE policies and practices
- Establish service tracking processes and systems to ensure traceability, accountability, and effective communication with stakeholders
- Identify resource needs, equipment requirements, and manage software and hardware availability and procurement.
- Oversee the retirement of redundant systems and software
- Project manage improvements to third party software (Figtree, DMS)
- Oversee management of the OSBIE website to ensure functionality and compatibility with various user platforms
Client Cyber Security Support
- Assess, provide guidance and where applicable provide solutions to OSBIE’s Cyber insurance clients on how to best manage the cybersecurity risks
- Participate in the delivery of cyber security services including risk assessments, compliance audits, maturity assessments, policy and procedure development and incident handling and response exercises
- Develop, present, and attend client meetings as required
- Understand client business drivers, opportunities, and goals; work to support them
- Provide support service for platforms and related technologies throughout the organization
- Ensure incidents and service requests are assigned and resolved in a timely manner
- Provide guidance to IT staff to ensure the delivery of IT support is efficient and of a high standard
- Collaborate with staff to determine individual computing requirements as well as specific requirements for proposed projects; ensure implementation of solutions to support these users
- Provide technical expertise, support, procurement, and implementation for the audio visual, and media systems
- Manage staff reporting to this position; ensure appropriate backup, support, and cross training to maintain service levels and standards
- Develop an on-going strategic plan for IT applications to ensure OSBIE remains current in software, hardware and department-specific applications and industry trends
- Collaborate with management to strategically consider the short and-long term hardware and software needs
- Enforce the governance, security, integrity, and availability of systems, technology, and data.
- Support the development and testing of incident response, and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advise on software and hardware used in the insurance industry and remain current in recent trends and developments
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in information security through client interactions, management presentations, and staff training sessions
- Lead projects, set clear and reasonable expectations, provide ongoing feedback, ensure the delivery of results, and establish a strong foundation for performance through training and goal setting
- Planning, ordering, installing, monitoring, and reviewing contracted work by outside agencies.
- Management and accountability for the financial aspects of the IT function including the development of annual IT operating budget including strategic initiatives.
- Create and maintain a collaborative and positive work environment
- Maintain technical and operational documentation
- Develop, document, and implement technical support operating procedures
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/Computer Science/Electrical
Engineering/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Five years of professional IT experience supporting and managing complex networked systems
- Minimum three years of progressive leadership experience in an information technology service role including supervision of staff and ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Expert level knowledge and experience in information systems and network management
- Strong project management, organizational and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize demands
- Good knowledge of different software systems, server architectures and various compatibility requirements, computer hardware including desktop and network servers, information security and awareness of capabilities or limitations of various configurations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft environment
- Ability to use verbal and written communications effectively with audiences of a wide range of levels of technical knowledge and understanding
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ambitious, self-motivator with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Process and detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
To be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OSBIE is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates.
Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please notify us and we will do our very best to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $92,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Guelph, ON
Application deadline: 2023-04-07
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.