SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Operational Excellence & Continuous Improvement, the Manager of Data Visibility, Governance, and Product is responsible for leading the design, development, and successful implementation of current and future data visualisation, reporting standards, and workflow data products for Operations. They will oversee a team of analysts that translate business requirements into technical reporting requirements across all end-to-end processes, define the metrics, and then build the data products and corresponding dashboards that will be a cornerstone of all Operational roles and training programs at SSENSE. The incumbent will ensure data visualisation, metric, and KPI standards are clearly defined ahead of our global network expansion plans over the coming 1-3 years.
Data visibility, governance, and product design (75%)
- Develop and lead the Operations Visualization & Data Governance transformation plan that will standardise and operationalize all data points related to physical and systemic movement of products within the SSENSE Network, spanning operational process paths to C-suite executive-level reporting
- Translate and develop standard metrics for reporting, and collaborate with the Product and Engineering, and Data Platform team to determine the right mechanism for delivering the reports and insights to maximize how they are used and actioned by Operational teams
- Develop, and implement reporting solutions with AWS tools like Athena, Tableau, and operational reporting capabilities available through operational systems
- Work closely with all Operational teams and executive leadership to ensure clear and consistent metric definitions, comprehensive capture and up-to-date documentation of operational reporting and analytical reporting requirements
- Oversee all data, metric, and dashboard development by the direct team; define the internal development process and stakeholder engagement model, establishing quality measures for product delivery; achieve and maintain best-in-class benchmarks for adoption rates
- Develop prioritised roadmap for scaling visibility, maturity, automation, and real-time capability for all operational process paths in tandem with process maturity assessment; design agile approach for near-term output and ongoing, ad hoc request management
- Implement design principles and templates for data visualisation and governance across Operations that guides all dashboard development in current and future state
- Collaborate with the Product and Data Platform teams to define and demarcate data accessibility and tools for analysis vs. standardised user interface for operational process and reporting
- Partner with Business Process Owners and Operations leadership to implement standard metrics based on industry best practices to integrate with company-wide metric reporting
- Implement continuous improvement processes for refining / streamlining data or visualisation standards, as well as change management practices for deployment; inclusive of scalable approach to deprecating and removing legacy reports and dashboards
- Pilot workflow tools that support predictive analytics and algorithmic recommendations
- Oversee successful migration of reporting, visualisation, and workflow tools with existing system or product changes (e.g., WMS); partner with Product teams to define requirements of new systems or product implementation (e.g., YMS, LMS); ensuring successful integration with data governance and reporting standards
- Partner directly with the Data Platform team and the Product and Engineering teams to develop a design of the future for these collaterals and corresponding data architecture
People leadership and development (25%)
- Work with Senior Leadership to gauge and monitor team engagement and implement solutions to create a transparent, collaborative and productive work environment
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to establish the department short term objectives for the department and ensure the team’s are engaged towards achieving them
- Hold weekly one-on-ones, conduct performance reviews, analyze individual KPIs and assess promotion readiness to help each contributor evolve in their roles
- Provide mentorship and development opportunities to team members, catalyzing growth through coaching and team building
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Software Engineering, or another relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of professional, hands-on data management/Operations and analytics experience, with at least 3 years of formal management experience leading highly developed data management and analytical professionals, ideally in fast-paced Fulfillment industry, Distribution, Logistics or Production/Manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience with data manipulation and data visualisation tools, such as Tableau for reporting and dashboarding is essential
- Extensive experience with data manipulation using SQL or other means to extract and transform data is a must
- Analytical mindset and experience working with business and technical teams to define key metrics, KPIs, definitions, and governance standards, along with the process to manage and maintain them over time is a must
- Experience with Operational SAAS systems and their reporting capabilities (pros and cons) is a plus
- Experience leading teams in information design principles and data visualisation methods, best practices, and software packages and APIs such as Tableau or equivalent analytics tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Advanced data analysis skills, and an expert in using supporting tools
- Strong collaboration and prioritisation skills
- Ability to identify, prioritise and articulate high impactful initiatives
- The ability to translate operational issues into workable data solutions
- Creative out-of-the-box thinking with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Team player with solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to influence cross-functional teams
WORLD CLASS TECHNOLOGY
Technology is at the core of everything we do at SSENSE. Driven by an engineering mindset and a problem-solving attitude, we blend fashion with technology to deliver an unparalleled experience to our customers as we build seamless, custom solutions to deliver the SSENSE offering.
WORLD CLASS TEAM
The SSENSE tech team is responsible for an international headless commerce platform. Working in an agile environment, our squads are made up of experienced innovators in Product Management, QA, Design, DevOps, Software Development, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, and Security. Headquartered in Montreal, our technology organization has been growing at a rate of 2X year-over-year and is doubling once again in 2021 as we expand across Canada, US, and Europe.
WORLD CLASS PLATFORM
The SSENSE platform runs on Amazon Web Services making use of serverless microservices across web, mobile and app. Our event-source architecture already achieves over 10,000 requests / second and growing at an unmatched pace, currently unseen across the industry. Our data-driven culture of innovation empowers every product team across the tech organization to explore building, testing and learning with the latest in Machine Learning techniques. Our automated continuous improvement DevOps model (making use of both blue / green and canary deployments) results in an average of 50 production releases every day.
Read more about us on our SSENSE Tech Blog.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.