Position Title: Manager, Content and Media Management
Division: Finance & Corporate Services
Department: Content and Media Management
Reports To: Vice President, Finance & Corporate Services
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (hybrid work)
TVO is at a unique intersection of education, journalism, digital technology, broadcast, and philanthropy. As creators of award-winning content, we’ve been inspiring learning that changes lives and enriches communities since 1970. Our vision is to be a globally recognized digital learning organization.
What’s in it for you
When it comes to learning, we walk the talk: it’s the cornerstone of everything we do, and each one of us invests deeply in our own learning while elevating each other’s knowledge – whether through peer-to-peer learning, workshops or lunch & learns. You’ll work with folks who are thrilled and driven by the digital learning and media landscapes. Roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally with great teams where collaboration is the beating heart of all that we do. We’re a tight-knit community and we’re just the right size, meaning that you’ll get to meet and work with people from across our organization, at all levels – the ones who have been here for 10 months, 10 years, and well beyond. Maybe you’ll even get to meet Polkaroo.
Who we are
TVO is poised for its next chapter as we embark on the next phase of strategic planning. We know we are a better organization when we honour our commitments, when we thrive with diverse voices, when we value bold thinking, and embrace change. We understand and celebrate that we are better, together.
We are proud and thrilled to be named a Greater Toronto Top Employer of 2022! This is a testament to the incredible work we do, every day, and the impact that we have on the lives of Ontarians.
However you jump in with us, you’ll join a team of good people who are constantly inspired and challenged to do great work. Join us on our journey as we go from great to greater.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario, and is a registered charity supported by thousands of sponsors and donors. Find and follow us on: YouTube (@TVO), Twitter (@TVO), Facebook (@TVO), and Instagram (@WeAreTVO).
The Manager, Content and Records Media Management (CRM) is responsible for visual research, copyright negotiation and procurement, and the secure and effective processing, storage, retrieval, repurpose, retention and destruction of media assets and associated metadata for TVO. This role manages CRM staff and oversees service delivery to ensure that it meets business objectives. Occasionally this role also supervises contract staff working on funded projects. The role also stewards the TVO archive: curating and providing access to historical media and ensuring the appropriate preservation of content created today for the future in accordance with the Record Keeping Act.
How you will make an impact
- Support the organization in the production of its digital media assets, including course design, through repurposing existing, catalogued content and procurement and licensing of third-party media assets
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the CRM team including definition of roles and allocation of work assignments
- Manage performance of staff duties through KPI’s and objectives
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and support
- Work closely with programming and content, and digital learning (ILC and TVO Learn) to effectively support strategic priorities on content management – plan and prioritize content creation and acquisition processing, deletion/replacement/extension of expired content rights and to monitor copyright issues
- Be the expert on sourcing external content in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Be the resident expert on the Digital Asset Management System to effectively manage TVO’s media assets, and meet immediate and long-term needs
- Be a resident expert on, and champion for, the TVO collection
- Manage the operating budget and Prepare revenue and cost projections for multi-year planning, annual budgets and forecasts; conduct cost benefit analysis for related activities as required
- Other related duties as assigned
What you will bring to TVO
- You have a College or University degree in a specialized field (such as information sciences, data management) and related work experience
- You have audio-visual research and copyright experience
- You have experience with digital asset management
- You have experience as a collaborative team manager with great customer service skills
- You are highly organized and an effective business planner
- You enjoy working with people and technology, and in leading process improvements using KPI’s.
- You live TVO’s values: we value bold thinking, we embrace change, we thrive with diverse voices, we honour our commitments, we’re better together
We invite you to submit your application by August 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Not sure you have everything we’re asking for, but know you can make a big impact? Tell us your story and we will be happy to consider you.
To learn more about us and our culture, please visit us at https://www.tvo.org/about/work-at-tvo.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We believe that the diversity of our team strengthens our ability to develop creative solutions and products that are reflective of the communities in which we serve across Ontario. At TVO, we recognize the importance of using anti-oppression practices, both within our organization and in our content.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process (e.g., including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms). If you are seeking accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so that appropriate arrangements can be made by sending your request to [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.