Extendicare Canada|Extendicare Canada
Maintenance Worker- Oakview Place Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Maintenance Worker- Oakview Place in our company, Extendicare Canada. This vacancy is based in Brandon MB. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Maintenance Worker- Oakview Place Job
Company: Extendicare Canada
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Brandon MB
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-25
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Maintenance Worker- Oakview Place Job Detail
Maintenance Worker – Extendicare Hillcrest Place
Hillcrest Place Home, located in
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker performs preventive maintenance tasks, including PM checks, building inspections and minor on demand repairs, but not limited to heavy-duty cleaning and grounds maintenance/work
- Carries out repairs to malfunctioning equipment as directed.
- Checks regularly the operation of all mechanical equipment as directed.
- Carries out necessary grounds work such as lawn mowing and watering, and snow removal as scheduled, keeping exits and walkways clear at all times.
- Performs janitorial responsibilities as scheduled or required including garbage removal.
- Makes general building repairs such as: touch up plastering, painting, and other similar work.
- Assists other departments in moving furniture, equipment and supplies, as requested.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the written policies and procedures of Extendicare, the facility, trade/CSA legislation and the Maintenance Department
- Participates in evaluating care andor services provided by the Maintenance Department to residents under the facility Quality Assurance/Improvement Program.
- Reports unsafe and hazardous working conditions and any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Knowledgeable of facility procedures for fire and environmental safety
- Performs duties in accordance with prescribed sanitation and infection control procedures.
- Minimum 2 years building maintenance experience, preferably in an institutional setting.
- Possess technical competencies related to electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined which includes ability to maintain regular attendance in addition to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care to Residents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Robust benefits package.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.