Full job description
Why join the Metrie Team?
Since 1926, Metrie Canada has been a leading manufacturer and distributor of interior finishings. We are a family-owned and private company with multiple locations across North America, striving to inspire designers, architects and homeowners. Our dedication to creating high-quality, finely crafted architectural elements has helped us grow to become the largest supplier and manufacturer of solid wood and composite moulding in North America.
We strive to be a talent-advantaged organization. As a member of the Metrie team, you’ll see attainable goals that call upon your talents and skills. Metrie offers a great mix of total rewards for your contributions and exciting opportunities to collaborate with smart and passionate colleagues. Come join our team and help us continue our history of success!
FRIDAY TO SUNDAY – 6AM TO 6PM
**What will you be doing in the Maintenance Technician position?
The Maintenance Technician is a member of the Bolton Manufacturing team and is responsible for supporting the production of Metrie products through the maintenance of equipment and machinery utilized to produce quality products.
- Maintain preventative maintenance program for equipment and machines
- Conduct inspection of all mechanical equipment and tools located within the building and grounds as per regular maintenance checks and action where necessary
- Inspect tools and machines for cleaning deficiencies
- Fabricate and install engineered hazard controls (ie. Guards)
- Work and collaborate with General Production staff and Operators to proactively and creatively drive initiatives to reduce downtime and fall time as well as improve knowledge and skills
- Update and maintain all necessary maintenance records, such as inspection reports, service requests, incident reports, turnover sheets, and maintenance/contractor files both in paper and on the computer
- Promote teamwork amongst the entire plant to keep operations efficient
- Read, understand, and follow all Safe Work Practices for machinery and equipment
- Understand company safety regulations and relevant occupational health and safety legislation
- Other ad hoc duties as required
What background will make you successful?
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge in areas of tools and machine maintenance
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Millwright Certification and Red Seal License is a must.
- Mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of related maintenance tools, equipment and instruments
- Understanding of production processes and lines in a factory environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and priority planning capabilities
- Effective communication with the General Production staff and ability to work with operators and management
How to submit your interest?
To apply for this exciting opportunity at Metrie, please submit your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources team in confidence by clicking the “Apply for this Position” button below. While we greatly appreciate your interest and application, please be advised that we will only be responding to candidates selected for further consideration.
Metrie is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
__Metrie conducts pre-employment screening, including but not limited to references and Canadian criminal background checks for all our final candidates. All Applications will be independently reviewed. Metrie conducts pre-employment screening including but not limited to criminal background checks for all final candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.