Packaging Technologies Inc|Packaging Technologies Inc
Maintenance Mechanic Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Maintenance Mechanic in our company, Packaging Technologies Inc. This vacancy is based in Concord ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic Job
Company: Packaging Technologies Inc
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Concord ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-06
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for upkeep of all machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance under preset maintenance program to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly,
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Responsible to maintain and sign off on maintenance reports for all equipment.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Weld parts and repairs
- Diagnose issues on equipment and determine which outsourced partners to work with.
- Work with trainees to train and guide them on all tools and machinery
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- High heat and noise levels
- Office environment, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb steps
- Ability to work in shifts
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Production/ Quality 90%
- Shipping 5%
- Scheduling 5%
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Millwright: 2 years (preferred)
- 443 Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.