The Gateway to Your Future
Roll up your sleeves and get into the kitchen! Take pride in every dish you serve for our guests!
As a Line Cook, you will work with kitchen staff in processing orders and preparing food items to high standards.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
A Great Fit, If You
- Love to deliver extraordinary service and thrive in a team setting
- Desire to learn new tasks and share your knowledge
- Work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, and manage your time well
- Are a night owl and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
What You Bring
- 1 year experience in a cook position or equivalent culinary experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC)/Mini Food Safety Course (In Alberta) is an asset
- Experience with various knife-cutting techniques, and knowledgeable in food safety preparation
- Ability to lift items weighted similar to a crate of potatoes and stand for long periods of time
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway’s proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.