Silvera for Seniors
Reporting to the Neighborhood Supervisor, the Life, Studying & Leisure Facilitator works in accordance with the 6 Dimensions of Wellness mannequin: bodily, psychological, non secular, cultural, vocational and social well-being of every resident.
This particular person thrives on innovation, incorporating promising practices into the implementation and supply of a various vary of packages.
This particular person will present a mixture of program creation and facilitation, in addition to teaching and supporting employees, residents, volunteers and exterior service suppliers to facilitate packages for residents each onsite and offsite.
• Suggest, create, facilitate and adapt packages aligned with the size of wellness, promising practices and resident requests;
• Promote alternatives for residents to interact in life, studying and leisure packages, both in teams or independently; proactively work together with residents, individually and in teams, to encourage participation and solicit suggestions;
• Interact and coach Silvera’s staff, residents and volunteers to take part, assist and facilitate packages and occasions;
• Collaborate with exterior facilitators and repair suppliers to make sure consistency and high quality in packages for residents;
• Coordinate bodily areas, program leaders and supplies required for packages and occasions;
• Plan, promote and assist experiences each onsite and offsite;
• Orient new residents to scheduled and unbiased life, studying and leisure alternatives;
• Recurrently monitor resident participation and responses throughout packages and supply observations, evaluation and suggestions;
• Collect and share documentation and information concerning program utilization, program response, efficacy of facilitators and program volunteers; present statistical and narrative information to tell program design and supply as required, minimal month-to-month;
• Facilitate month-to-month resident assembly particular to studying and leisure packages, occasions and initiatives; collect, share and reply to resident suggestions;
• Characterize Silvera’s Life-Studying-Leisure method and philosophy each internally and externally;
• Ensures tools and provides are clear, maintained and saved in a secure, and environment friendly method.
• Demonstrates ardour for and expertise working with older adults;
• Put up-secondary schooling or coaching in recreation/leisure/gerontology is most well-liked; a mixture of expertise and schooling could also be thought of;
• Expertise in designing, adapting and delivering packages;
• Demonstrates creativity, innovation, enthusiasm and a optimistic, team-oriented perspective;
• Willingness to develop, be taught, problem and be challenged inside a studying atmosphere;
• Sturdy organizational expertise and talent to adapt to altering circumstances is important;
• Earlier expertise in teaching, coordinating and supporting volunteers is an asset.
• Sturdy customer support orientation with demonstrated oral, written and presentation expertise;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Workplace, particularly with Phrase, Excel, Writer and Outlook;
• Should have WHMIS, Meals Security and Professional-serve, or willingness to acquire.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday by Friday – 8:30am – 5pm
Rotation with weekends
• Scheduled hours will embrace quite a lot of day shifts from Monday by Friday, with availability to flex into night and/or weekend shifts to fulfill program calls for. One Saturday or Sunday shift per thirty days is required.
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.