The Client Experience Analytics department is looking for a talented Lead Client Experience Data Analyst to join our team! Aligned to the work of Vanguard’s Institutional Investment Group, you will work closely with business partners to develop data-driven insights and recommendations to improve our clients’ experience with Vanguard. You will be aligned to a cross-discipline client experience journey team that is empowered to implement enhancements to the client experience. This role requires strong business communication and consulting skills, to guide the team towards high impact opportunities, and as a high level of technical expertise in data analysis, to measure success of developed solutions.
1. Engages with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Brings structure to business requests, translates requirements into an analytical project approach, and leads complex projects through completion. Delegates tasks and provides tactical and strategic guidance to peers. Serves as the analytics expert on cross-functional teams for large strategic initiatives.
2. Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
3. Performs analyses of historical data to surface trends and insights using advanced analytical methods. Validates analytical techniques employed by other analysts.
4. Prepares and delivers expert level visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
5. Develops, owns and manages recurring analytic or reporting processes.
6. Actively develops the analytics community at Vanguard by mentoring, coaching and connecting others with resources and training. Participates and presents during scheduled analytics seminars.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Strong command of advanced data analysis tools and software (Python, Tableau preferred), and querying languages (SQL)
Experience working within a cloud-based, big data environment (AWS preferred)
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.