Language Services Specialist
Language Services Specialist
About the Team
The Language Services team is a dynamic, fast-paced and multifunctional team that provides linguistic and technical support and expertise to global production teams creating subtitles, scripts, closed captions and other localized content for entertainment & media clients.
As a Language Services Specialist, you will be responsible for a variety of linguistic and technical tasks. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working on different things day to day, a problem-solver who can quickly jump into new tasks and challenges. With your analytical skills, interest in learning new technology, passion for entertainment media content and attention to detail, you will ensure all deliverables adhere to company and client specifications and industry best practices.
- Carry out a variety of production tasks that require technical skills, using proprietary and commercial software, including script cleaning, rendering of subtitle images, video ingest
- Technical Quality Control (QC) of subtitles or captions in different target languages for worldwide markets
- Quality control non-English content as part of Deluxe’s global localization workflows
- Advise on linguistic queries and quality concerns raised by clients and global production teams
- Communicate and collaborate with the coordinators and account managers responsible for overseeing projects
- Participate in company initiatives exploring new technologies and product lines
- Assist with creation and maintenance of instructions and guidelines
- Support root cause analysis of errors
- Create ad-hoc workflows for one-off special projects
- Maintain a flexible work schedule according to business needs
What You Bring
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Translation, Media or Communications or relevant equivalent experience
- Excellent command of English and at least one other language
- Proven experience in editorial, proofreading and/or translation. Experience in a localization environment an asset
- A passion for global cinema and television and sensitivity to viewer experience
- The ability to exercise critical thinking and analysis while working with creative content
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize tasks and make sound judgment calls while working under deadline
- Well-rounded knowledge of historical and contemporary events, cultural references, slang, idiom
- The ability to identify risks and effectively communicate them
- The ability to engage with a culturally diverse, distributed team
- Good command of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Background in audiovisual and film production an asset
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 4,000 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.