If you enjoy working in an innovative environment, we have a great opportunity for you!
SEPPURE is a separation-tech company developing novel membrane materials and membrane processes for sustainable chemical separations without the use of heat. SEPPURE is disrupting the energy-intensive chemical separation processes, such as distillation and evaporation, through the introduction of novel chemical-resistant nanofiltration membranes. With up to 15% of the world’s total energy spent on industrial-scale chemical separations, SEPPURE’s sustainable process facilitates decarbonisation by substantially reducing global energy use, emissions, and pollution.
We are currently working on several projects to fabricate robust nanofiltration membranes for solvent separation and design membrane systems for vegetable oil, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and fine-chemical industries.
We have an opportunity for a LAB TECHNICIAN for our R&D centre based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The applicant will work collaboratively with Polymeric Membrane Fabrication, Module Fabrication, and Process Development teams to develop solvent-resistant nanofiltration membranes intended for use in the food, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and oil refining industries. Based in a laboratory setting, the applicant will be involved in R&D projects and industry field testing efforts.
The role will require the applicant to:
- Work collaboratively with local and international teams of scientists and engineers to drive research and development projects to successful completion.
- Independently carry out physical and chemical characterizations, process optimization, and scale-up activities in support of the company’s product development efforts.
- Proficiently, reliably, and safely operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Accurately record and communicate research results in the form of lab books, group presentations and technical reports.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of scientific literature in the fields of chemical separation and nanofiltration
- Other tasks as assigned by the applicant’s supervisor
Requirements and Qualifications
- Three years work experience in a laboratory setting or an undergraduate degree or diploma in Chemical Engineering, Polymer, Material Science and Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Research or work experience using analytical instrumentation to quantify lipids or small molecules will be considered a strong asset.
- Research or work experience related to operating or developing filtration technologies will be considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work and effectively communicate (written & oral) in English.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and efficient in managing and executing multiple projects.
SEPPURE offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, a unique growth opportunity, paid holidays/vacation, as well as medical and dental insurance.
To learn more, visit https://www.seppure.com/
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply: please send a cover letter outlining experience and qualifications as well as your CV to jobs at seppure.comquoting “LAB TECHNICIAN -CANADA”.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- English (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-01-02
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.