Lab Patient Technician – Part Time Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Lab Patient Technician – Part Time in our company, LifeLabs. This vacancy is based in Bancroft ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Lab Patient Technician – Part Time Job
Work Type: Part Time
City of work: Bancroft ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-09
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Do you want to help improve patients’ healthcare outcomes? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years’ experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor, and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Lab Patient Technician to join our team in Bancroft ON.
As a Lab Patient Technician, you will be responsible for the specimen collection process, from greeting patients through to preparation of specimens for transportation. This is an important role in patient care and our business and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives. This is a Part – Time role suitable for an individual with a flexible schedule and includes the opportunity to pick up additional shifts at other LifeLabs locations.
In this role you will:
- Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomies, connect/disconnect Holter monitors, and perform ECG tracings.
- Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
- Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
- Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
- Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service and be able to relate to patients and clients even in stressful situations. Some key qualities include empathy, flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem-solving skills. Other requirements include
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent
- Should have a valid driver license and vehicle to travel around locations
- Phlebotomy experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today.
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected]
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.