United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Results of Service
The work of the marketing consultant is predicted to contribute to the sound basis of the interim International Coordination Unit and its features, together with its monitoring and reporting programs and its relationship with different related initiatives and lead to elevated entry to and use of current biodiversity information merchandise and studying alternatives, enhanced technical and institutional capability of related authorities companies and nationwide organizations, which is able to finally contribute to the acceleration and upscaling of NBSAP implementation, monitoring and reporting and to making sure that the NBSAP Accelerator’s studying and information is captured and successfully disseminated and used to additional enhance the NBSAP implementation, monitoring and reporting.
Montreal responsibility station (SCBD workplaces)
Duties and Duties
The United Nations Surroundings Programme is the main world environmental authority that units the worldwide environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable growth inside the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the worldwide setting. On the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, world leaders agreed on a complete technique for ‘sustainable growth’. The Conference on Organic Variety was opened for signature in Rio in 1992. The Conference has three major aims: the conservation of organic range, the sustainable use of its parts, and the honest and equitable sharing of the advantages arising from using genetic sources. The Secretariat of the Conference on Organic Variety (SCBD) is situated in Montreal and administered by United Nations Surroundings Programme. Its major duties are to rearrange for and repair conferences of the Convention of the Events, together with preparation of pertinent documentation, operation of the central node of the clearing-house mechanism, liaison and coordination with different worldwide our bodies and processes and, in shut collaboration with these companions, the supply of technical help for the efficient implementation of the Conference.
The NBSAP Accelerator Partnership was established to boost the ambition and political profile of NBSAPs and to speed up their implementation to contribute to the achievement of the GBF targets and targets. This can be achieved via facilitating coherent entry to monetary and technical help, offering in-country/regional facilitation and matchmaking help, creating the technical and institutional capability of related authorities companies and nationwide organizations; supporting information administration, growing entry to biodiversity information merchandise and instruments, facilitating peer-to-peer studying and exchanges throughout nations, and strengthening biodiversity governance and synergies with different initiatives to boost the implementation of NBSAPs.
The marketing consultant will design and coordinate the information administration and studying actions of the Partnership, together with analysing the nation capability wants and figuring out strategic response actions and establishing a information base of current and rising initiatives and instruments supporting the revision and implementation of NBSAPs; set up procedures and protocols for monitoring and reporting of the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership; promote alignment of the Partnership’s actions with related choices of the CBD COP and foster synergies with different related initiatives.
Duties and Duties:
Beneath the general steering of the Director of the Implementation Help (IMS) Division, direct supervision of the Head of the Capability Constructing and Information Administration Unit, recommendation from the Head of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Nationwide Reporting Unit and in shut collaboration with the International Coordinator of the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership, the marketing consultant can be accountable for performing the next duties:
1. Deputize and help the International Coordinator of the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership in offering strategic management and programmatic coordination of the Partnership’s actions, guaranteeing the engagement of the Partnership in intergovernmental processes associated to biodiversity, together with the Convention of the Events (COP) and the subsidiary our bodies of the Conference on Organic Variety (CBD), and the alignment of its help actions with related choices of the CBD COP, together with these associated to the improved mechanisms for planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluate.
2. Design and coordinate the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership’s capability growth, technical and scientific cooperation, and information administration actions to facilitate the accelerated implementation of nationwide biodiversity methods and motion plans (NBSAPs).
3. Set up procedures and protocols for monitoring and reporting of the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership’s help actions and achievements, together with the preparation of consolidated narrative progress studies and remaining studies and the compilation and sharing of finest practices and classes realized.
4. Facilitate collaboration and linkages between the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership and different initiatives and organizations that help NBSAP revision and implementation, with a view to fostering synergy and complementarity, information sharing and mutual studying, and facilitates collaboration amongst related organizations and initiatives of the United Nations, governments, civil society and the personal sector in an effort to guarantee programmatic synergy and complementarity for the efficient supply of the targets of the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership.
5. Take part in related actions, conferences and occasions in an effort to improve consciousness of and the political visibility and profile of NBSAPs and the Accelerator Partnership and to mobilize high-level help and motion by nations and stakeholders for the accelerated implementation of NBSAPs.
6. Undertake different associated and related duties as required.
Superior college diploma (Grasp’s diploma or equal) in pure sources administration, environmental administration/sciences, environmental regulation and coverage, undertaking administration, worldwide relations, or different associated discipline is required. A primary-level college diploma together with further two years of qualifying expertise could also be accepted in lieu of the superior college diploma.
At the very least seven years of progressively accountable expertise in programme or undertaking administration is required.
Expertise working instantly with governments within the context of Nationwide Biodiversity Methods and Motion Plans, or associated processes is fascinating.
Expertise in designing, coordinating, and facilitating capability growth and/or technical and scientific cooperation actions is fascinating.
Expertise main groups and constructing and sustaining partnerships with varied stakeholders, together with donors, is fascinating. Information and expertise of engagement in intergovernmental processes is fascinating.
Glorious written and verbal communication expertise is required.
Means to work each independently and as an lively member of a staff is required.
Means to align a number of methods and concepts is fascinating.
Means to prioritize, multitask and handle time effectively is fascinating.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this publish, fluency in English (each oral and written) is required. Information of different UN official languages is fascinating.
NOTE: “Fluency equals a score of “fluent” in all 4 areas (learn, write, converse, perceive) and “Information of” equals a score of “assured” in two of the 4 areas.
Native recruitment: Candidates should be Canadian residents or everlasting residents, or have permission to work in Canada.
Marketing consultant should be obtainable to work onsite within the CBD Secretariat Workplace in Montreal, Canada, if want be, to take part bodily in staff conferences. Commuting/travelling prices to and from the Secretariat should not reimbursed.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.