Peavey Industries LP
With its Corporate office in Red Deer, Alberta and its Regional office in London Ontario, Peavey Industries LP is the corporate parent to retail brands Peavey Mart, MainStreet Hardware, and Ace Canada. We are 100% Canadian and employee owned.
Peavey is an engaging workplace. We are proud to promote from within and provide training to make this possible. We offer flextime and comprehensive benefits.
We are committed to our customers and the communities and agricultural regions we serve every day.
Type of Employment: Full-time permanent, 2-day in-office working requirement.
Job Overview: The Junior Software Developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The junior software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Analyzing detailed business/functional/technical requirements and specifications for the application
- Coding internally developed applications and/or configuring commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using programming, scripting, and database languages
- Writes, debugs or modifies programs using various computer languages. Develops custom code for applications/systems or configures/modifies software systems/products to meet specific business requirements
- Supporting application testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding application enhancements
- Ensure code is properly stored in a code repository and proper coding governance is followed
- Development and implementation of process automation solutions using (RPA) tools in conjunction with a variety of technologies and associated business applications
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and other software developers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 1 year equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications in the software development space would be considered an asset
- Employee ownership program
- Employee discount
- RRSP matching program
- Competitive group benefits
- Inclusive work culture
- Laid back atmosphere
- Work-life balance
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peavey Industries LP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.