Matrix Labour Leasing Ltd.
The salary is $37.12/hr (due to increase by 15%). The candidates will be working indoors in a controlled environment. Additional overtime is being offered for this position.
This position includes an excellent compensation package and a medical, dental, and vision plan. Our client has been building quality vessels for over 50 years and has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for over 130 years.
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday.
- Shift: 8 Hours/Day.
- Overtime offered.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Work in construction, maintenance/repair, and new fabrication environment.
- Perform Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) in all positions.
- Perform Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) in all positions.
- Select the proper weld filler material.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment and semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate air arc cutting equipment (carbon arc cutting).
- Set up Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) equipment for welding.
- Lift, move, or position equipment at work sites.
- Work in a shipbuilding and repair, steel industry environment.
Physical effort and work conditions:
- Candidates will be required to work at heights from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms.
- Stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb.
- Work in confined spaces, and inclement weather.
- Support extended hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Work may be performed indoors and outdoors.
- You will frequently handle, lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up to fifty (50lbs) pounds.
- Occasionally, you may be required to lift and carry items that weigh over fifty (50lbs) pounds.
- Education Required: Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational and Welder Trade Certification (4 Positions SMAW [current ticket], 4 Positions FCAW [current ticket], WHMIS Certificate).
- Years of experience required: 5-8+ or more years.
- Full trade flexibility is required.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply for this job.
- A pre-employment Government Security Clearance/Background and Credit check will need to be completed.
- Full PPE + Fit Tested Respirator Mask.
- Red Seal or Journeyman Ticket.
- Confined Space.
- Fall Protection.
- HSE Orientation.
- ISI Medium Voltage Cable Training.
- ISI Lockout Tag Training.
- ISI Security Orientation (In Person).
- Must be able to commute to work daily.
About Matrix Labour Leasing Ltd.:
Matrix Labour Leasing is a full-service recruitment agency specializing in the placement and administration of the skilled trades workforce all across Canada. We have been in business for over nineteen years and have placed over 4,000,000 employment-hours in the Canadian workforce. We have been recognized as one of Alberta Venture’s Fast Growth 50 and as a Leader of Tomorrow by Business in Calgary. As a leader in our industry, Matrix remains committed remaining cutting edge of the Full Service Temporary/Permanent Placement model as well as best in class managed services in Payroll and Back Office Support. We are proud to serve the following industries: Industrial Construction Commercial Construction Oil and Gas Manufacturing Warehousing Hospitality Healthcare Pipeline Construction
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.