Bird Nason Contracting Group’s teamwork approach combines the efforts of our professional engineers, technical staff and skilled trades people to deliver challenging projects through safe operations and specialized services. Bird Nason Contracting Group rewards innovation and creativity and promotes a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
We provide a wide variety of training including job specific safety and leadership training for apprentices and journeypersons. We value trade experience and support opportunities to advance into other positions in the firm including estimating, project management, site management or safety. We offer competitive wages, proper tools and a comprehensive benefits plan provided through The Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC).
We are always searching for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our ever-growing Bird Nason Contracting Group team. Please take a look at our current opportunities.
Bird Nason Contracting Group is currently seeking applications for Journeyman and Apprentice Carpenters for Commercial projects in Edmonton, AB
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirement
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and/or other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and or roof systems
- Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
The successful candidate must possess the following skills/attributes:
- To be considered for this position you must be a registered Apprentice in the trade of Carpentry
- You must have at least 1 year of commercial experience
- CSTS-09 and WHMIS 2015
- Good Physical Condition and able to twist and bend, and perform repetitive type movements
- Able to push/pull (up to 30 lbs)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Able to work at heights
- Experience in building renovations including access doors and hardware, cabinetry installation, demolition, and construction of steel stud and drywall interior walls
The successful candidate must be able to produce a fit test. We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Bird Nason, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.