Advance Tank Production Ltd.
The IT Technician is necessary to keep the computer systems running smoothly and efficiently. The IT Technician will be responsible to support the Advance Group of Companies in achieving its goals and objectives through the use of technology. This position will provide a first level of IT support for users primarily in Regina, SK but also across the organization; troubleshoot technical issues within the organization, and work closely with end users and management to manage technical infrastructure. The IT Technician must diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware and software components for efficient system operation. They are also responsible for configuring most internal computer hardware. The IT Technician is usually the first point of contact for IT support within the Company for day-to-day IT operations.
The IT Technician will lead by example with integrity and respect for all employees. They will plan and execute objectives, work as needed, ensure they follow all Company safety, human resources, quality and other policies and procedures, as well as identify and correct potential work problems and health and safety issues. The IT Technician role is a hands-on position where the IT Technician is required to participate in and learn all aspects of the operations and management of the facilities as they relate to the IT Technician role.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide Level 1 support to end users in the use and trouble shooting of desktop, shop floor, workstations and portable hardware including but not limited to:
- o Printers
- o iOS and Android cellular phones
- o Handheld barcode scanners
- o PC, laptops, monitors and other peripherals
- o Time collection hardware/software
- Maintain and monitor the help desk ticketing system and the IT asset management system.
- Manage VOIP telephone system as well as assist in the management of corporate cell phones.
- Assist in server and network management support.
- Provide training for end users in the use of information technology.
- Prepare and re-purpose desktop and laptop hardware for end users.
- Promote teamwork through effective communication skills and ability to work well with all levels within the organization.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Very familiar with computer hardware and basic troubleshooting techniques
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Office 365
- A+ or equivalent certification with experience supporting end users in a fast paced, business environment
- Preference will be show for candidates with experience in: With VMware vSphere, VEEAM Enterprise Backup, Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server
- Preference will be shown for candidates with experience in: With VMware vSphere, VEEAM Enterprise Backup, Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server
- o Understanding of mobile technology platforms with a particular preference for barcode scanners and printers
- o Active directory
- o PowerShell Scripting
- Familiar with business environments with a preference shown for experience in a manufacturing organization
- A results-driven, business-oriented mindset
- Good communication, verbal and written, bilingual is preferred
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- A commitment to superior service delivery
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Foster an environment of trust, honesty confidentiality and integrity. Maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- system administration: 1 year (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.