By joining Nortera (formerly known as Bonduelle), you are deciding to make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, others and the planet.
We strongly believe vegetable food is THE solution to bring well-being through food to the nearly 9 billion inhabitants of our planet while preserving its resources.
The size of our company gives all employees the opportunity to grow, gain autonomy and be in charge of their projects.
- Group health insurance program
- Employee and family assistance program
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Reimbursement program for physical activity
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Annual personal tool allowance
- Annual clothing allowance
- Annual safety boots allowance
- Wellness activities
- Referral program
- Paid vacation time
- 1 day paid volunteering time
- Activities where we serve our communities
- Opportunities for advancement within a growing company!
The IT Technician will support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops and peripherals for our Tecumseh location. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal performance.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC services;
- Provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues;
- Install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices and networking hardware products;
- Receive and respond to requests regarding PC and/or hardware problems including hands-on fixes at the desktop level, installing and upgrading software, implementing files backups and configuring systems and applications;
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and FAQ resources on the internet;
- Construct, install and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems;
- Support development and implantation of new computer projects and new hardware installations;
- Collaborate with LAN network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment;
- Provide rotating IT support after business hours for the Tecumseh facility.
- Post-secondary education in computer science or any relevant education/experience;
- Excellent knowledge of network and PC hardware;
- Ideally a first experience with hardware troubleshooting;
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides;
- Exceptionnal interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills;
- Self motivated;
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving abilities;
- Must be flexible to support business needs that includes weekends and other off shift on a rotation.
If you recognize yourself in this job, we want to meet you!
At Nortera, diversity is a treasure that we cultivate!
Although all job applications are considered, only successful applicants will be contacted. Nortera is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment that highlights the unique contribution of our employees to the success of our business. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage a wide variety of applications so that we can have a diverse workforce that is representative of our customers and the communities where we operate.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.