Are you looking for a Career, not just a job?
ProPc Inc. has been in business for 20 years serving the greater Edmonton area along with Western Canada (Calgary, Lethbridge, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Winnipeg). We are an MSP of Small, Medium and Enterprise Companies. We also do break/fix, VOIP Telephones and Websites/Website Hosting.
Our busy office currently has an opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of IT Service Technician. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible to assist with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software. Knowledge of technical infrastructure and architecture of computer systems as well as experience with a variety of platforms such as operating systems, networks, databases and CRM systems, servers and VM’s and Microsoft Products including Office 365.
Experience working with routers, switches, cabling and other network hardware. Requires strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills along with good communication abilities. Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel.
Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
Conduct daily network backup operations.
Experience with Proprietary Software would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an established organization.
Minimum IT Technician skills to qualify for this position is are as follows
- 5 to 10 Years’ Progressive Experience
- Microsoft Certifications
- A+ Training and Certification (or Equivalent)
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage and compartmentalize stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Enjoy interacting with people and working with people in a team environment.
- Strong Communication and customer service skills required!
- Good command of the English Language (a must).
- Entails working onsite with clients, in the shop and remotely.
- Must be a self-starter who is focused on customer satisfaction. Needs to have strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift a 20 lb. box from the floor to a tabletop surface.
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check and Driving Record
- Require reliable vehicle.
- Majority of work is on clients’ sites.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Eligible to work in Canada full time.
Office Hours are Mon to Fri 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, on-call after-hours, weekends and holidays. Competitive Salary – Commensurate with Education and Experience. May be subject to Alcohol and Drug Testing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$72,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT Technician: 2 years (required)
- Microsoft Certification (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.