Mi5 Print & Digital
Mi5 Print & Digital is looking for energetic and passionate problem-solvers to join our growing team.
Mi5 is Canada’s most innovative, efficient, and professional supplier of quality commercial offset printing and digital printing, wide format printing, print bindery, print finishing and fulfillment services. We work with top national brands and companies big and small in the printing, production and management of award-winning marketing materials and corporate collateral. Our clients value our service intelligence approach and the speed and expertise required to deliver.
Our team of > 150 prints a diverse suite of products including business cards, brochures, magazines, annual reports, presentation folders, retail signage, banners, posters, window wraps, and corrugate POP and POS displays.
About the Role
– The primary purpose of the IT Technician position is to diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of our computer systems. Responsibilities include installing and configuring computer hardware and being the primary point of contact for IT support within our company..
– In addition, this role will require activities such as:
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Monitor networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Monitor web performance, network availability, and security.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access as needed.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software.
- Perform data backups.
- Install and update network system improvements as needed.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
This is a full-time, permanent role – while normal business hours generally apply (i.e., Monday to Friday from 830am to 500pm) work outside these hours will be required periodically to meet project and client demands
– The ideal candidate will be high-energy, fast-learning and detail-oriented with a positive attitude and a willingness to dig into problems and find solutions
– Experience as an IT Technician
– Understanding of diverse computer systems
– Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced environment
– Experience working with network and server management support.
– Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
– Strong attention to detail with commitment to policies/procedures
– Ability to work with frequently changing priorities on a daily basis and overtime as required
– Ability to work well in a team environment
– Demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues
Why Choose Mi5?
Mi5 offers a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to grow your skills and career. If you think you are a good fit with Mi5, we look forward to meeting you soon!
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume.
Reference ID: IT Technician
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.