Mancor Industries is a precision manufacturer of metal fabrications and sub-assemblies using state of the art machining and fabrication techniques to produce high value-add, cost effective products and services to our strategic partners in the NA Truck and Heavy Duty equipment industry. The company is privately held and Canadian owned.
As the IT Technician you are responsible for the support of existing equipment and systems as well as the implementation of new communication and information systems for the organization. You are responsible for handling the daily tasks associated with all aspects of technical support of the Mancor plant inclusive of all Operations (Production, Quality, Engineering, Materials Management, Maintenance, Controlling, Human Resources, Sales, etc.)
The ideal candidate must have in-depth knowledge of all Windows operating systems and platforms and Virtual Environments. They must be a self starter, proactive proven problem solver, with the ability to troubleshoot hardware, software and networking.
· Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (monitor, printers etc.)
· Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware
· Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, texting or via email
· Backup and restore data for end users from servers.
· Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
· Troubleshoot and implement network solutions.
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
· Install all Windows OS updates.
· Maintain audio/visual connectivity in meeting rooms.
· Make hardware vendor service calls as needed.
· Install new MS servers in a virtual environment.
· Monitor and make any changes necessary on a WatchGuard firewall.
· Review MS server event logs.
· Implement security measures. Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree/ Certification in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, MS Office 2016, SQL server, Kerio mail server, Raspberry PI devices, WatchGuard Firebox, VMware and anti-virus/spyware.
- Must have strong communication/presentation skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task effectively
- Knowledge and experience with metal manufacturing environment preferred Fluency in a Business Operating System environment, and specifically an aptitude to learn Mancor-specific programs and software.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Information Technology: 2 years (required)
- manufacturing environment: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.