IBITS is an IT Service Provider. We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, experienced and dependable individual to join our team IT Specialist. You will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of our client’s network and equipment in various locations.
About the Role:
We are seeking a results and detail oriented individual with strong technical knowledge. This is an integral role in supporting our day-to-day operations. We are looking for a team member who takes pride in their work and has strong customer service, technical and troubleshooting abilities.
· You will be first point of contact for all the troubleshooting related calls.
· Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be responsible for handling the incident management queue for network related calls, creating operational technical procedures for tier 2 support resolutions as well as collaborating with vendors. You will also work on projects related to network design, upgrade, and maintenance.
· You will also be responsible for application/device monitoring, configuration management, knowledge base document creation, and implementing standards for clients.
· You will also continually research and evaluate new and emerging operational Standards and recommend the use of these operational standards for the enterprise.
To qualify for this position, you will have knowledge/experience in the following:
· Network devices such as switches, routers, and firewalls
· Theory of LAN, MAN & WAN technologies, communications & equipment, network & desktop operating systems and wireless technologies
· Basic understanding of Network Protocols
· Knowledge of Video over IP and/or Voice over IP experience is preferred with a solid understanding of QoS protocols
· Cisco CCNA certifications or other network related certifications would be an asset
· Knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring solution
· Knowledge-based document creation concepts
The knowledge and skills required for this position are:
· 1 or more years of experience providing technical support
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer science program from a recognized post-secondary technical institute, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Preference will be given to candidates with French language background
· Valid drivers license and own transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Freelance, Permanent
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $25.00-$50.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Do you have your own car?
- French (preferred)
- Drivers License (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.