Kova Group of Companies (Kova Engineering Ltd., Red Associates Engineering Ltd. and Unrau Technoligies Ltd.)
This position describes a long-term employment opportunity within the Kova Group of Companies comprised of Kova Engineering Ltd., Red Associates Engineering Ltd. and Unrau Technologies Ltd. (UTL).
For over 30 years we have been performing engineering, crane certification and conducting NDE inspections in the crane and lift equipment industry. We are committed to being leaders in the field by developing and maintaining a high standard of excellence while providing the highest level of personalized service to our customers.
We are a growing company that looks for and values long-term employees. We strongly believe in supporting individuals of all experience levels in continually developing the skills they need to succeed. In addition to fostering a dynamic environment where individuals can collaborate, excel, and grow their knowledge, we also offer competitive benefits and an attractive employee package (please see below).
Our company is currently seeking an outgoing, organized and detail-oriented IT Support Clerk to fill a full-time position in our Surrey, BC office.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience within an IT Support role. This candidate is expected to have the ability to comfortably interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment. Someone who is well organized, proactive, resourceful, efficient and enjoys constantly learning in their role.
· Work with a team or independently to support and respond to required IT needs. This includes challenges like adding/creating new users accounts, password resets, adding a printer, navigating a server, installing or re-installing programs and assigning users to distribution lists to name a few
· Logging and monitoring support requests and escalation issues when necessary
· Deployment and Setup of desktops and laptops
· Helping users minimize downtime and increase productivity
· Maintain appropriate documentation on all systems and procedures
· Troubleshoot recurring technical issues and suggest solutions to address the roots of the problems
· Support issues pertaining to Office 365, Active Directory and other hardware and software related problems, troubleshooting abilities, the internet and mail flow etc.
· Assist with VPN and other network issues
· Fluency in iOS and DEP (reconcile iPhones in DEP, contact all users)
· Deliver IT support for operating systems, productivity software, and a variety of other applications used by Kova
· Basic security knowledge, you diligently protect client/employee information and adhere to processes and procedures that do the same
Who you are
· With perseverance, hard work and ambitious drive, you won’t give up until you find the right solution
· A constant learner, you are willing to ask for help and share what you have learned with others
· With an analytical mind and kind spirit, you can explain solutions to people with varying degrees of technical knowledge
· Accountable, you uphold the metrics and standards set by your Team Lead and look for opportunities to improve and advance performance
· You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in IT Help Desk/Support or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ideal Skills and Qualifications
· Hardware, desktop, laptop repair + technical skills
· Ability to remain organized
· Ability to work under pressure and multi-task with high attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative in decision making and problem-solving
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Customer service oriented with a high level of professionalism
- Competitive compensation ($50,000.00 to $60,000.00)
- Employer paid benefits package including dental, extended health and health spending account
- RRSP match program
- Profit sharing
- Annual employee review and pay raise
- Paid holidays
- Annual events including team building trip and Christmas party
For your resume to be considered, you must include your cover letter and resume.
Thank you to all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- IT support: 2 years (preferred)
- fluent English (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-06
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.