Executive Flight Centre Group Ltd
IT Support Specialist, Full Time (Calgary or Edmonton)
Executive Flight Centre Group (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and airport services for over 75 years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airports and aerodromes. Our vision is to provide first class services to all customers in the aviation industry by focusing on safety, quality, and customer service.
EFC is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act.
We are seeking experienced IT Support Specialists to support our growing and diverse operations.
The IT Support Specialist maximizes computer system capabilities by improving technical applications. They will assist with problem solving, presenting technical information, process improvement, software maintenance, and testing.
- The IT Support Specialist troubleshoots and responds to service desk tickets for software and hardware issues, including remote support of PC’s and peripherals in a networked environment.
- Installs a wide variety of computer hardware equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repair software issues of moderate complexity; may involve removal/reinstall of applications or system registry/file changes, using diagnostic tools.
- Assists with technology needs analysis and technology planning.
- Plans, implements, documents, troubleshoots and repairs the network and computing infrastructure.
- Trains and supports end users.
- Performs network administration including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, e-mail web server, internet access, phone system, office systems, electronic media and applications support.
- Able to work afternoon/evening shifts.
- Complete ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Deliver exceptional, courteous, and respectful customer service.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience, desktop user support.
- Adherence to the highest degree of confidentiality is a condition employment.
- Intermediate knowledge of network technologies and protocols.
- Airport Security Clearance and Driver’s Abstract is required as a condition of employment.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license is required – Graduated Driver’s License are not permitted.
- Own vehicle for possible travel within Western Canada.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency and interest in PC configuration and end user support.
- Strong knowledge of network and telecommunications concepts (topologies, IP Schemas, VLANs, IP Subnets, DHCP, and DNS).
- Team player with the able to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Effective and concise communication, customer service and prioritization skills.
- Previous network support experience.
- Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
What EFC can offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits for Full Time Employees with minimal premiums.
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Group Retirement Plan including Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a Group RRSP for Full Time Employees.
- A discretionary bonus program based on over all company performance.
- An incredible work environment focused on hard work, fun and celebrating our successes.
- Career advancement opportunities in a variety of industries through the EFC Group of companies which include Aviation, Cargo, Operations, Construction, Facility Maintenance, Leasing, Administration, Heavy Duty Mechanic, Sales, Accounting, Human Resources, Safety, Training.
Please include your resume and cover letter in one document when applying for this position.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role with your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.