The IT Support Specialist will provide primary technical support for our employees in both Canada and Europe. You will be responsible for managing user accounts and software license, assisting users trying to achieve their software goals, identifying software or hardware problems that may need to be escalated to senior IT staff, as well as developing training material and documentation. You will also be working with our third-party vendors (ISPs, hosted SaaS servers, etc.) to facilitate support and improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Acts as the first point of contact for internal users seeking technical assistance.
· Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and/or electronically.
· Respond in a timely manner to assist users encountering software issues, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
· Deploy new hardware and software; perform maintenance tasks on existing equipment.
· Advise user on appropriate action and log all help desk interactions.
· Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
· Properly escalate unresolved / out of scope issues to senior IT staff or third parties as required.
· Inform management of any recurring problems and recommend modifications.
· Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
· Research questions using information resources.
· On-boarding new employees.
· Manage user accounts, filesystems and permissions, assets, and licenses.
· Provide remote assistance for users working outside of Canada.
· Create and update documentation and training material outlining IT Standard Operating Procedures.
· Work with IT team on improvement initiatives performing duties such as testing, soliciting feedback during development, and educating users upon launch.
· Work with our third-party vendors to facilitate support, repairs, and upgrades.
· Support and assist IT Team with other duties related to the IT infrastructure of the company.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Tech savvy with working knowledge of office products, databases, and remote control
· Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
· Working knowledge of fundamental computer hardware and network hardware related to IT and a network environment preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong client –facing and customer service focus.
· Advanced troubleshooting and multi tasking skills.
· Team player with strong problem-solving ability.
· Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills.
· Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology considered an asset.
· 1-2 years help desk support experience considered an asset.
· Experience working with Linux or Unix-based systems considered an asset.
· DevOps and version control experience considered an asset.
JOB TYPE: Full time
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour shifts, Monday to Friday, weekend availability
· Casual dress
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Life insurance
· Paid Time
· Vision Care
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY TYPE: Bonus Pay
WORK LOCATION: Hybrid, Fergus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fergus, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fergus, ON
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.