IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers. They will install hardware and software, and actively resolve problems and issues with computer and server systems to limit disruptions to the business.
This position will also provide backup support to the Network Operations Centre (NOC) team to ensure successful deployment of digital content on our screens across US.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the point of contact for answering, evaluating, and prioritizing requests for assistance from internal and external end users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related technologies
- Diagnose, resolve, and document technical network, hardware, and software issues in person or remotely
- Ensure security through access controls, applications, backups, and firewalls
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices and services using a combination of tools to ensure high connectivity and security
- Administration of Office 365 and applications, managing security groups, users, and licenses
- Assist in the selection, implementation, testing and roll out of new IT solutions and provide training and support to end-users, as necessary
- Assist in developing and maintaining IT documentation including infrastructure and configuration documentation, disaster recovery plans, user training documentation, etc.
- Assist in the developing and implementing all IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, purchasing, etc.
- Ensure service level agreement targets are met and interactions are positive
- Will occasionally be required to take after-hours emergency support calls
Network Operations Centre Support
- Maintain an online connectivity of Trooh’s digital assets through proactive monitoring.
- Act as IT support for field technicians; remotely connecting and resolving connectivity issues as required using our CMS and remote access applications (Teamviewer/RDP)
- Record, track, and document the troubleshooting process.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- IT technical certifications such as MCP, A+, Server +, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA are an asset.
- 2+ years of direct experience in providing technical support
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Windows Desktop 10/11, Windows Server 2016/2018, Office 365 and other products (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Query Management etc.)
- Expertise in IT network infrastructure operations and controls, ensuring the integrity of networks, servers, firewalls, and physical security of IT assets.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in desktops, laptops, mobile devices, routing, switching, wireless networking and VOIP and/or SIP phone systems
- Experience with management and monitoring tools, Remote Desktop Services, Windows servers, MDT/ SCCM is required.
- Experience in Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
- Knowledge of database concepts and SQL query language.
- Demonstrated high customer service orientation, and the capability to manage and prioritize customer expectations in a fast-paced setting with multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively and professionally.
- Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- IT Support Specialist: 2 years (preferred)
- IT Technical Certification (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.