ZS2 Technologies Ltd
At ZS2 Technologies Ltd., we are passionate about building a better planet. We are dedicated to the research and development of building materials and solutions that are stronger, safer, and more sustainable. ZS2 has been providing quality construction solutions since 2002. Located in Calgary, Alberta with projects throughout North America, we manufacture structurally insulated panels with advanced magnesium technology. Our solutions are non-flammable, anti-microbial and non-toxic.
We pride ourselves on our culture, our commitment to always striving to do better and our investment in our most valuable resource, our people.
We are currently looking for an IT Support Specialist to support the growth of our innovative and disruptive company… that’s right, we like stirring the pot! The IT Support Specialist is responsible for everything as it relates to IT at ZS2. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the overall strategic direction and operations of the IT department including effective provisioning, installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Enterprise infrastructure. They ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
A Day in the Life
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team. On a day-to-day basis, the IT Support Specialist will:
- Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices
- Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
- Act as link between end users and higher level support
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards, switches, routers, APs, etc.)
- Monitor system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Handle support requests such as onboarding/offboarding users
- Support and maintain software platforms such as MS SharePoint, Teams, Monday.com.
- Provisioning and maintaining workstations, network equipment, servers
- Design and implement new services and features
- Analyze and fix hardware and software issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyze and fix any network issues
- Enforce corporate IT security standards
- Create or update documentation and user guides
- Monitor and support existing systems and servers
- Providing quality end-users services
An IT Support Specialist must be knowledgeable in software, hardware and networks. They must be critical thinkers and problem-solvers with great attention to detail. Since end user support and teamwork are important aspects of the role, excellent communication and people skills are definite must haves.
- Degree or diploma in computer science, engineering, or information systems or equivalent training and experience (ideally 5+ years in IT administration).
- Industry certificates; MCSE, VCP, MCSA, CCNA, office 365 and AWS cloud.
- Cisco Meraki network management.
- Strength with Microsoft back-end systems: Azure, Office 365, SQL Server, Windows.
- Knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to support and deploy Windows 10 and Mac OS Systems.
- Basic knowledge in VMware ESXi, AWS and Azure services.
- High level of experience with Windows Server.
- Experience with managed network hardware (switches, firewalls/routers, NAS).
- Experience working with Wi-Fi networks.
- Familiar with G Suite, Office 365, and helpdesk ticketing software.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with various departments.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and switch between projects.
- Experience with managing Highly Available configurations.
- Infrastructure services: AD, DNS, DHCP, RRAS, WSUS, MDT, and monitoring
- VPN services
- A great work environment and culture.
- Competitive compensation with equity options and benefits.
- Opportunities for acquiring new skills and professional advancement.
- An environment where your ideas on innovation and product or process improvements are valued and implemented.
- Recognition for your achievements and contribution to our success.
- A team of professionals that work together to achieve our goals.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Information Technology: 3 years (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.