I.T. Ideas Inc.
Service Desk Technician (& Dispatcher)
You are an outgoing, self-motivated, “people person” who thrives on delivering exceptional customer service every day. You prefer an opportunity to work in a smaller IT Service Provider environment versus larger corporate enterprise environments so that you get greater exposure to tools, technology and a variety of customer verticals. You are passionate about helping not-for-profit and charitable organizations to be sustainable and successful.
In this crucial customer-facing role you will be responsible for performing all service desk activities. You will be working with various project teams, while assisting our clients in all aspects of their technology needs – including health assessment monitoring, day-to-day break/fix support, RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and preventative monitoring and maintenance (PM).
- A passion for excellent customer service and for seeing others succeed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Comfort in making decisions independently
- Attention to detail while also keeping in mind the big picture
- A drive for meeting expectations and you strive to exceed expectations
- An ability to successfully manage and complete multiple tasks within a deadline, in a fast-paced work environment
- A Diploma or Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an IT service technician
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Being the customer’s first point of contact as a Dispatcher & Technician. Interacting with customers by phone in a timely manner to acknowledge and prioritize problems & issues, and to carry out follow-ups.
- Level 1 and 2 IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and Vmware technologies.
- Escalating issues to level 2 and level 3 support technicians as required
- Supporting services for Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Office 365, Windows Workstations, etc.
- Implementing and supporting disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services, support and troubleshooting at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, SASE Platforms and Citrix.
- Routine monitoring and testing of customers’ I.T. environments
- Monitoring and reviewing system logs, firewall logs, network device logs, and automated alerts
- Status monitoring and remediation of backup and antivirus services
- Status monitoring of software patches and updates
- Testing of client core systems after software patching
- Testing client backups and recovery procedures
- Internal documentation of regular processes and procedures
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, customer environment documentation and how-to guides
- Communicating with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
- Creating Incident reports
- Maintaining client hardware and software inventories
- Orienting and educating clients on various technologies
- Mobile phone infrastructure monitoring and updates
- Accurately time tracking all service and project work
- Rotating backup media
- Providing desk-side service for users, and troubleshooting AV equipment (post COVID)
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Competency with ticketing systems and Remote Management and Monitoring software (e.g. Autotask, DattoRMM).
- Improving customer service, their perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalating service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Entering all work as a service ticket (Autotask).
- Improving internal processes to streamline support, reduce costs, and improve overall customer service.
- Maintaining specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Reviewing IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care.
- Diagnosis of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details, and to create documentation.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer or Information Technology
- 2+ years of IT Service Technician related experience
- 2+ years of Customer Service related experience
Why I.T. Ideas Inc?
- Amazing team and amazing clients.
- We are a security-first-focused MSP
- Remote working & flexibility around in-office vs remote.
- We help not-for-profit organizations to thrive and succeed.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits as well as Long Term Disability.
- Performance-based incentives.
- On-the-job training & support.
- Fun, fast-paced, and diverse working environment and culture.
- Rapidly growing company.
- Cell Phone Allowance.
- Paid discretionary days.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated customer service skills and Microsoft, Vmware, Veeam, Cisco, Fortinet, or Citrix certifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
I.T. Ideas Inc adheres to all provincial COVID health guidelines including mask-wearing when on-site, hand washing, and contact tracing
- Please take our online skills assessment. Be sure to do this assessment at a time when you have no distractions. Do not do the assessment from a mobile device (e.g. phone or tablet). https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-E0MU3WXRF?source=Indeed&u=1025362
- IT support: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.