E.B. Horsman & Son
About our Team:
E.B. Horsman & Son (EBH) has been in business since 1900. We are strong, nimble and growing! EBH is proud to be a
successful Western Canadian electrical distributor with 20+ locations throughout Alberta, B.C. & Saskatchewan, and
consistently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We take pride in living our core values and carrying
our mission statement of “Providing the Best People, Best Solutions, and the Best Service in the Electrical Industry.”
Why Join the EBH Team?
- Full benefits package
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee share ownership program (ESOP)
- RRSP matching after 1 year of employment
- Birthday day off
The People & Culture. You will be a part of a collaborative team with people you can be proud to work with.
Continuous Development. You will have access to our EBH University for personal & professional development. Training & Development
has been an essential part of our culture. Increasing our knowledge not only builds confidence but empowers growth through learning.
About the Opportunity:
We are experiencing an exciting growth trajectory at E.B Horsman, which creates new opportunities for entrepreneurial and self-driven individuals who are looking to make a meaningful and empowering impact to drive our company forward.
We are looking for an IT Operations Support Analyst, who will be primarily responsible for all aspects of end-user desktop support. This role will be reporting directly to the Manager, Infrastructure & Operations.
This is a full-time position onsite position
Head Office – 19295 25th Ave, Surrey BC
- Responding to end-user service requests via Helpdesk ticketing system or phone in a timely manner
- Performs hands on desktop level support for end users
- Performs onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Keep an accurate and up to date record of IT assets
- Creates helpful end user documentation for frequently asked questions and workflow processes
- Applying established standards when resolving routine end-user issues; probing for information from end-users to identify issue(s) and requirements
- Liaising with technical specialists to resolve end-user issues
- Applying current established standards when setting up and deploying both software and hardware
- Developing and editing standard operating procedures for IT services
- Troubleshooting and providing support for peripheral set-up and maintenance
- Testing and analyzing new and upgraded software and/or hardware
- Other duties as assigned
You bring the following skills/qualifications:
- Technical diploma or relevant experience (helpdesk/technical support experience)
- 3+ years of relevant, related experience in a client facing, technically-oriented, computer support position
- Effectively troubleshoot end user issues by determining root cause analysis
- Troubleshooting the Windows operating system running in a domain environment
- In depth working and troubleshooting knowledge for Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams & SharePoint)
- Administrative knowledge of Intune, MDM, Azure AD & Active Directory user management
- Basic understanding of networking (DHCP, DNS)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly in writing or over the phone
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to deal professionally with people in a tactful and respectful manner, and to maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members both in office and remotely
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and problem solve, including how and when to escalate
- Ability to perform assignment with minimal supervision and to take initiative
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
Our Core Values: Celebrating the Past, Empowering the Future
Teamwork & Collaboration jobsincanada.one Integrityjobsincanada.one Commitment jobsincanada.one Reliability jobsincanada.one Initiative jobsincanada.one Continuous Improvement
Take Your Next Step With EBH
If you believe your skillset matches the above description and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic individual we would like to
hear from you. Please visit our website to apply for this posting www.ebhorsman.com/careers or click “Apply” on this posting.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
E.B Horsman & Son is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that
allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is a key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work.
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose E.B. Horsman & Son as your employer of choice.
We thank all interested applicants. However, we are only able to work with those who live in Canada and have permanent working status.
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.