It Operations Specialist Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of It Operations Specialist in our company, Innovapost. This vacancy is based in Ottawa ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: It Operations Specialist Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Ottawa ON
URL Expiry: 2023-01-13
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
It Operations Specialist Job Detail
Who is Innovapost?
Great question! We are the technology arm of the Canada Post Group of Companies. This includes Canada Post, Purolator, and SCI. By joining us you will be able to make a positive impact on how every Canadian delivers and receives their packages and mail. Next time you see your neighbor picking up their mail and receiving a package, you will be able to say “you’re welcome”
Why join Innovapost?
As Technology evolves constantly, we invest in our High Performing Workforce with the Skills of Tomorrow through continuous learning and career growth within Innovapost, including access to LinkedIn Leaning, the new Degreed capability and a Leadership Developmental Program. We invest in Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, and provide continuous employee engagement to grow our business together.
What role you will play?
What you’ll be responsible for? (Apart from Innovating)
- Contribute as a member of the IT Operations team to succeed to its mission which is to manage day-to-day operations to ensure stability, reliability and availability of applications, infrastructure and services for the business
- Production Management of IT Operations (24/7) activities, including but not limited to the following:
- First level support (app, infrastructure & security) initial triage, including vendor/partner co-ordination
- Maintenance and operation of applications and services
- Operational reporting and dash boarding
- Production deployments and post deployment validation
- Incident management- troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Monitoring, scheduling and batch processing
- Event management, correlation and predictive analysis
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex problems to determine root cause
- Capacity and performance management
- Environment management of pre-production and production
- Manage database performance; performs data purging, archiving, database re-orgs
- Design and implement backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain operational documentation, standards and processes (including standard build, version control and migration processes)
- Maintain technical stability of environments through proactive and automated monitoring, performance tuning, capacity management
- Maintain inter-system connectivity, middleware communication and technical interfaces
- Contribute to implementing improvements for the operating environment (automation, etc.)
- Handle on-call assignments as required
What does it take for this role to be yours?
- Experience supporting applications, environments and infrastructure in an enterprise class production environment
- Good communications, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with or working knowledge of applications, products and technologies for example:
- Databases – Oracle, SQL server, DB2, Informix, Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Application suite technologies- WebLogic, Tomcat,.Net, Java, SAS, and SAP, etc.
- Integration technologies – Datapower, Java Caps, Fuse, JScape, Biztalk, SOA Suite, MQ, and MQTT, etc.
- Network technologies – WAN/LAN, enterprise voice and call center
- Server technologies and consoles – Linux, Solaris, Windows, Vipr and Intrascope, etc.
- working knowledge of a Unix/Linux environment,
- Ability to navigate directories & file systems
- manage files
- check system parameters
- file systems
- troubleshoot minor system parameter issues
- troubleshoot coding issues
- Unix/Linus Korn/Bourne shell scripting experience
- Perl scripting experience
- SQL Plus experience (write and execute sql scripts/statements)
- Telnet client experience
- Academic : college diploma or university degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent infrastructure deployment and configuration experience (required),
- Certifications (assets): ITIL Foundations
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Innovapost
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Innovapost is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Innovapost regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The work we do at Innovapost impacts every Canadian. To work with us, you must be eligible to obtain a Canada Post Reliability Security Clearance.
Good luck! We are looking forward to meeting you, but unfortunately, we will not be able to meet all of you!
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.