MAX AICHER (NORTH AMERICA) LTD.
Max Aicher North America (MANA) is a supplier of hot rolled steel bar products to the North American marketplace, located in Hamilton Ontario Canada. MANA has continued to grow each year – producing more tons, product types and adding to our team. If you are looking to be part of a successful growth story, be challenged daily rather than maintain the status quo – MANA is your long-term employer.
MANA’s diverse product portfolio led by our Threadable Rebar allows us to stay relevant and provide innovative products to various industries.
MANA is seeking Full-Time Network IT Technician to join our growing team.
What you’ll do as a Network IT Technician:
- Accountable for prioritized installation, deployment, support and maintenance for all IP and coax-based cameras, liaising with all stakeholders from the hardware vendor to the end user.
- Plan, design, implement, and support network operation, including LAN, WAN and Wireless technologies.
- Analyze network capacity to recommend andor implement solutions.
- Provide support for network issues relating to performance and breakfix.
- Provide guidance to the business for new initiatives which require network support.
- Documentation and labeling of existing infrastructure, network solutions and support methods, according to operating and industry standards.
- Plan, design, implement and support a broad tool portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned – Participate in other daily IT duties and assist MANA team with emergency calls.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science preferred or certificate and equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience encompassing design and operation of traditional wired and wireless networks as well as second and third level support for complex network environments.
- Practical knowledge of copper and fiber networking, including crimping, testing and running cables.
- Strong knowledge of CCTV and IP based cameras, recording devices and software.
- Foundational understanding of PLC’s and automation control systems.
- Deep understanding of proprietary and non-proprietary networking protocols.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- IP Telephony experience considered an asset.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Competency with security concepts and VPN technologies and associated protocols.
- Results-oriented, in compliance with safety standards.
- Communicates clearly and respectfully.
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
Compensation & Perks:
- Medical & Dental Benefits Plan with Flexible Spending Account.
- Retirement Savings Program with Employer Match.
- Incentive Program to reward our team’s hard work.
- Exposure to weather dependent temperatures and dusty conditions – Hot working conditions/Cold working conditions
Max Aicher North America LTD is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process for needs that are made known. We welcome applications from all interested and qualified individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$27.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Network Technician: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.