This role is temporarily remote/work from home, however, you will be required to transition back to the office in Montréal sometime next year and must reside in Montréal at date of hire
Google Cloud technology is the future, empowering millions of organizations and businesses to lead, innovate and grow. If you are interested in working with this leading-edge technology while providing best in class technical customer support, consider this great opportunity at TELUS. It is a great entry-level opportunity for recent graduates who recently finished a program that attributes the necessary qualifications.
What’s in it for you?
- $5K signing bonus for relocation – applicable only to candidates outside of Montréal, paid after 90 days in the role
- Extended Health Benefits day 1 of employment: Prescription Drugs, Paramedicals and vision, and Travel insurance
- Dental Benefits day 1 of employment
- Insurance day 1 of employment: Life , Accident, Long term disability
- Work perks: TELUS employee Share plans and TELUS Product/services
- Paid vacation: After 6 months of employment you and entitled to 3 weeks per year
- Learning and development: ACE certification sponsored by TELUS (study time paid + exam cost) – expected to be obtained within 6 months of employment
Here’s what you will be doing
- Resolving client’s technical issues
- Help companies create their applications and programs
- Advising the best solutions to reach their objectives
- Development and improvement of platforms
- Trainings and meetings with client
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Strong understanding of Linux system & Windows server administration
- Strong knowledge of networking (NAT, DNS, firewalls, routing, load balancing, etc.)
- Strong understanding of network troubleshooting tools (ping, netstat, traceroute/tracert/mtr,dig, route, package analyzer like TCPDump etc)
- TCP/IP protocol knowledge and ability to use it for troubleshooting of reachability, latency and throughput issues.
- Familiarity troubleshooting Linux performance (CPU, memory, I/O) and familiarity with common Linux troubleshooting tools (vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace, etc.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive troubleshooting tactics
- Understanding and identify issues from reading product logs (VPN, Load Balancer) Resourcefulness and strong research skills
- Open to overnight shift flexibility – Compressed schedule (9am-9pm X 3 days per week)
Great to have:
- College diploma in Computer Science or 2 years of equivalent experience
- Relevant certification (Associate Cloud Engineer, CCNA, RHCSA)
- Familiarity with VPN and Virtual Private Clouds
- Experience with virtual machines (Google Compute Engine, VMware, Amazon EC2, etc.)
- Experience with automation scripting
- Familiarity with web and mail protocols (HTTP, TLS, SMTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern API technologies (OAuth, HTTP RPCs, REST)
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
Preferred dress code
Business (business suit, tie)
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they’re not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.