We are seeking an IT Business Analyst who understands business goals processes and clearly translates them into IT requirements. The position requires a candidate to work closely with project managers, business key users and high-ranking stakeholders and focus on bridging the gap between business and technology, contributing to design solutions, especially on data integration, analytics, and IT support, that will enhance the user experience. Additionally, providing knowledge, best practices, and technical leadership to users and internal teams to configure and use IT Solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside internal business counterparts to gather, define and review requirements, solution designs and user specifications
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to remove roadblocks and keep operations running smoothly
- Clearly document business processes to generate and define requirements as an active participant in both discovery and development process.
- Partner with IT counterparts to create solutions to operation problems and support new tools and processes
- Serve as a point of contact to our IT Support Analyst and our Managed IT Service Provider with regards to IT support questions by users
- Strong leadership and facilitation competencies to drive requirements process
- Willing to go outside of official responsibilities to support users. (e.g., fixing issues with computers, installing peripherals, etc.)
- Demonstrates advanced writing and documentation skills
- Possesses advance level problem-solving and analytical skills
- Can communicate with varying stakeholders in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses solid influencing and negotiating skill
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in a STEM discipline and/or 3 to 5 years progressive analysis experience, with usage of a broad range of business requirement techniques in a variety of project contexts.
- Adequate Level knowledge of analysis theory, practice, and use of techniques. Able to support the IT team throughout the system delivery life cycle based on professional experience.
- Ability to deliver all requirement artifacts through all Phases of requirements delivery on all project sizes and complexity, and ability to lead requirements delivery on large program/enterprise scale initiatives.
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the construction industry
- SQL SERVER Databases system or equivalent knowledge
- General ERP Knowledge, Oracle NetSuite exposure considered a plus.
- Fluent in MS OFFICE 2016/365
- Must think outside the box.
- Typical office hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, sometimes requiring overtime hours.
- Moderate physical effort. Requires a moderate amount of sitting/standing/kneeling for prolonged periods of time. Manual dexterity required.
- Great environment to work in. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits.
Apply Now: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you. While we ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities, please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Company is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Company is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.