Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
**6 month Term Position**
Hybrid on-site presence required. Montreal, Quebec
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the incumbent may perform some or all of the listed general administration functions. These functions are of moderate complexity and the incumbent performs them using established instructions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets clients and answers general inquiries with a positive attitude. This includes detailed information regarding software and equipment.
- Collects and enters data into established inventory databases.
- Assists with computer/server/office equipment maintenance including troubleshooting, setup and verification of computer equipment.
- Maintains websites with regular updates of content.
- Distributes and tracks items, such as computer equipment. A log to track these items may be required.
- Maintains lab work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Opens and secures the area daily.
- The list of functions outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an incumbent. For example, incumbents may be asked to perform some elements of IT Assistant level “A” tasks in addition to the above listed functions.
- Knowledge of French and English. McGill University is an English-language university where day to day duties may require English communication both verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma with one year of relevant experience in the field of work.
Resource Account Project
- Communicate with the affected users to inform them that their accounts will be migrated,
- Initiate the migration of the account via an automated script
- Populate the related Active Directory groups to ensure account access for the correct users.
- Once migrations are complete, inform the customer that the migration has been completed
- Provide the knowledge articles related to setting up the new mailbox.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma 1 Year Related Experience
(AMUSE B) $15.53
Estimated Number of Work Hours per Week:
33.75 (Part time)
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.