Company: Peninsula Employment Services Limited
Job Title: IT Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Type of Employment : Full-Time, Permanent
Peninsula Employment Services Limited (“Peninsula”) is a provider of external human resources solutions, including employment relations advice, and health and safety advice to small and medium-sized businesses located throughout Ontario. Peninsula is a division of Peninsula Business Services Limited, based in Manchester, England. Peninsula currently operates in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and most recently, Canada, and employs over 1,500 people globally. Peninsula opened its Canadian office in September 2017 and has quickly become one of the fastest growing companies in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
The Role of IT Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing IT Department and become a member of the team. You will be working in a team-based environment on the internal Service desk and rotating onto the infrastructure team to help with route cause analysis and to expand your knowledge. This role offers a great opportunity for a technically minded individual to be part of an enthusiastic team. The company is keen to ensure on-going development of skills and knowledge within the IT Department and offers great development opportunities as part of the standard salary package.
The IT Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnostics and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes Office based staff as well as remote users based in the field.
Why Join our Team?
We are building a superb place to work if you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you’ll love it. Your customer service and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you’ll really make a difference to all sorts of people.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users
- To provide application support to our internal Users
- The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently
- To work within schedules and deadlines to agreed business priorities
- To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support the businesses
- Identify on-going improvements to existing business systems
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Ensure service desk SLAs are met, maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide stats for number of IT issues and status of outstanding and resolved incidents
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- University degree in IT/Computer Science or related field
- Experience in 1st/2nd line support
- Experience with supporting customers over the phone
- Familiar with Office 365 environments
- Experience with Cisco networking environments
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with Microsoft Power Automate
- Azure Active Directory
- MS InTune – Mobile Device Management
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts.
- Be passionate about technology
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Some knowledge of Cloud platforms and hosting solutions
What you Bring to the Team
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for IT systems and services to meet the new challenges and business demands within emerging technologies
- Methodical and accurate, very good attention to detail and is focused towards delivering great service for 1st time fixes
- Thrives in a supportive and friendly working environment and with a desire to share new innovative ideas and skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work with limited supervision and guidance
- Demonstrates a highly committed attitude and works towards common goals with others
- Demonstrates commitment and hard work to ensure continual delivery of quality services
Why work at Peninsula Canada?
- Day off on your birthday
- Enhanced Benefits with Health and Dental Coverage
- We offer a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Matching Program
- Downtown Location (Right near Union Station)
- Vacation Days increase after 2 and 5 years’ service
- Ask about our Peninsula Days, and more!
Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture. Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.