TITLE: International Studies Instructor (Sessional)
The ideal candidate will be capable of teaching the following International Studies course:
INST 101 – Introduction to International Studies: This course analyzes how global forces and processes affect individuals, nation-states, and the global community. This course considers politics, economics, institutional transformation, religion, environmental issues, and alternatives to globalization, and is constructed in the spirit of interdisciplinary scholarship that has been at the heart of the development of International and Global Studies
- Our ideal candidate will have a passion for instructing, assisting students’ acquisition of learning outcomes, and applying active learning strategies within the classroom.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, contract
TERM: Winter 2023 ( January 2023 – April 2023)
LOCATION: Vancouver/Burnaby Campus
- Flexible, dependent on availability
WHY JOIN US:
- Group extended health, dental, and life benefits
- Annual Professional Development days
- Health and Wellness counselling sessions for staff and faculty
- Employee engagement events and activities
- Facilities: Brand new campus and office space that emphasizes a culture of environmentally friendly practices. Secure bike lockers and shower.
- Supportive, friendly, and encouraging team of people
WHO WE ARE: Alexander College is a private post-secondary institution serving approximately 4,000 students every year. Students choose to study at Alexander College to complete their Associate of Arts or Science degree or take a variety of University Transfer courses. We strive for excellence in higher education for students from many cultural backgrounds and language abilities by providing university transfer courses and degree programs, individual support services, and campus activities to foster local and global community engagement.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in International Studies, or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience teaching the same or similar courses at another BC post-secondary institution
- Able to demonstrate success in innovative or student-centered teaching techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of course learning outcomes an asset
- Proficient with educational technology including databases and online learning environments
- Excellent instructional capability
- Able to maintain professionalism and cordiality when working with others
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Strong Proficiency in English
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and you would like to apply, please visit our careers page for the full position description: https://alexandercollege.ca/about-us/careers/ and e-mail your cover letter, CV and statement of teaching philosophy with the e-mail title being “[Your Full-name]_International Studies Instructor (Sessional) 2023”. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us what you would bring to this team and why you’d be perfect for this role. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!
Other titles for this role: Sessional Instructor, University International Studies Teacher, Lecturer, Contract Instructor
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.