WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science-first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are in need of an intermediate-level EDI specialist who has worked for a manufacturer, distribution, or logistics company. You will support the setup of new EDI connections between trading partners and SPS Commerce
This is a hybrid position and is located in our head office in Toronto.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Facilitate the collection of all integration requirements to accurately determine communication and messaging needs, to define project scope, and to generate implementation contracts.
- Work directly with EDI trading partners and Deciem
- Read and interpret EDI specification documents provided by trading partners
- Develop, modify, and document mappings as per EDI specifications
- Coordinate with vendors – SPS Commerce and Data Masons developers when required
- Perform internal testing with back-end application
- Coordinate end-to-end EDI testing with trading partners
- Provide clear status updates to management on the progress of all ongoing EDI implementations
- Monitor the production environment and proactively prioritize, communicate, and resolve any EDI process or system issues both internal and with trading partners
- Support setup of new EDI connections between trading partners and SPS Commerce
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Experience in the transportation logistics and/or supply chain industries will be considered an asset
- 1-3+ years experience with integration and implementation of EDI trading partners
- Knowledge of various connectivity solutions such as VAN, AS2, and SFTP
- Working knowledge of ANSI X12 and EDIFACT EDI standards and best practices
- Experience with EDI Software Solutions such as SPS and Data Masons
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Work from anywhere 4 weeks per year.
- A hybrid work model (for applicable roles).
- Summer Friday’s – get off at 1pm all summer long! (for applicable roles).
- A dog-friendly office (and lots of cute dogs to play with).
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come”.
DECIEM is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. <3
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.