Alberta Blue Cross
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross® has an exciting opportunity to for an experienced business analyst. This role will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, at all levels, to identify and document system enhancements, define business processes, and work on innovative IT projects. You will utilize your leadership, collaboration, and analytical skills to optimize our business processes in order to serve our clients better. Alberta Blue Cross® supports flexible work styles. Our business analysts can work remotely within the province of Alberta while encouraged to collaborate in the office occasionally.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Define business requirements across multiple teams and provide options, advice, and recommendations to enhance functionality, process, and services.
- Negotiate data challenges and process gaps with the support of a highly skilled technical team.
- Ensure smooth and timely implementation of business application enhancements.
- Liaise with technical staff to provide the business perspective during system analysis and design phases.
- Collaborate with quality assurance analysts during development, execution and review of test plans to ensure system accuracy and efficiency while attaining desired functionality.
- Investigate system issues arising from the business and work with technical teams to identify root cause, solutions and resolution.
- Utilize and grow leadership skills on high priority projects and system enhancements.
- Lead initiatives and contribute to their successful delivery through phased implementation.
- Build relationships with business areas and key stakeholders.
- Document requirements using Use Case Modeling concepts.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A related technical degree or diploma, which focuses on systems development or business analysis.
- A minimum of five years related experience providing user support and/or project work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to elicit stakeholder requirements and effectively document and communicate them to other technical teams.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize symptoms, diagnose causes and identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Suite
- Experience writing queries using SQL is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Decision-making ability and demonstrated leadership potential is essential.
- Experience using insurance information systems is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of/experience with Project Management principles and tools would be beneficial.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are selected.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.