Instructor – Power Engineering Technology
Academic – MacPhail School of Energy /
SAFA Casual – Approved Program
Apply for this job
The MacPhail School of Energy is the only energy school in Canada, and we are charting a new course with a focus on sustainable energy sources and practices. MacPhail School of Energy provides hands-on, industry-guided training in labs that mimic job site environments, giving students the skills needed to find a rewarding career in the energy sector.
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and results that count. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace empowering people to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place … SAIT.
SAIT’s MacPhail School of Energy is the first school of energy in Canada and one of only a handful of energy schools in North America. Its industry-relevant program offerings, highly qualified and industry-trained faculty, state-of-the-art technical lab facilities, and outcome- based curriculum provide excellent hands-on training for our students.
Reporting to the Academic Chair of the program, we are recruiting for an engaging and caring instructor to teach daytime courses.
- Instruct high level technology courses to mature learners
- Develop course outlines, profiles and curriculum
- Participate in curriculum and program reviews
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Perform related duties as assigned to meet the emerging needs of SAIT and its students
- Evaluate projects from an economic and environmental point of view
- Instructing on current government regulations and compliance processes
Qualifications & Experience
- A Power Engineering Technologist.
- Minimum of ten years industry experience.
- Must be a member of ABSA with a minimum of 2nd Class certification (1st Class Preferred)
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Innovative mindset and desire to make long term lasting improvements.
- Ability to empathize with the needs of students and the work team.
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer service focus and strong relationship building skills.
- Previous teaching experience is an asset, but not required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR – S4001
Hourly range: $49.94 – $53.19
# of positions: 2
Position End Date: May 31, 2024
Posting closing date: November 24, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.