Instructor – Marketing Essentials
Academic – School of Business /
SAFA Casual – Approved Program
Apply for this job
At SAIT’s School of Business, we deliver cutting-edge programs that inspire learners and leaders to take action and get results. We are one of the largest business schools in Western Canada, we put significant stock in all things industry driven, starting with programs delivered by faculty who are experts in the field.
We’re proud to be recognized by CEO World Magazine’s Best Business Schools in the World as the second highest ranking Business School in Canada in 2023. Students and instructors benefit from our unique applied education model — working collaboratively with each other and industry.
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
The School of Business is one of the largest business schools in Western Canada. Our faculty and staff are passionate about student success, in an environment that values academic excellence, teamwork, collaboration and driving innovation. We deliver programming to more than 6,000 students in credit programs and 10,000 registrants annually in our professional and leadership programs. Our degrees, diplomas, and courses are aligned to industry and designed to meet the needs of today’s employers. Programming areas include accounting, financial services, human resources, management, supply chain, marketing, administrative, legal, and more.
We are currently recruiting casual instructor(s) to teach business courses, more specifically the Marketing areas.
- Present courses, lesson plans, lectures, assignments, evaluations, examinations and learning activities
- Evaluate student progress and facilitate student achievement
- Show personal interest in the learners
- Create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Coordinate classroom delivery and assessments with faculty colleagues
- Include additional study materials for learners
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners and potential learners
- Contribute in a positive way to maintain a team environment
- Maintain and develop contacts in appropriate industry sectors
- Maintain and develop relationships with academic colleagues
- Promote and support SAIT’s and the School of Business mission statement and academic plans
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Marketing and digital Marketing.
- Familiar with face-to-face and online instruction.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Previous teaching experience at the post-secondary level, in business and business development is required.
- Masters or terminal degree would be an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR – S4001
Hourly range: $40.48 – $46.91
# of positions: 4
Position End Date: April 30, 2024
Posting closing date: November 24, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.