Instructor, Information Systems Security Diploma
Calgary, AB /
Academic – School for Advanced Digital Technology /
SAFA Casual – Approved Program
Apply for this job
SAIT’s School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) is committed to preparing our students to thrive in the borderless, global economy. We offer an exciting range of media and technology programs built on a foundation of applied, technology-immersed experiences and enhanced with work-integrated learning opportunities.
How do we make this happen? Through a committed school of experts focused on the values of excellence in learning and learners, partnerships and collaboration, and being flexible and forward thinking. SADT is SAIT’s boldest transformation to date — designed with the future in mind and working closer with industry than ever. Join us as we strive to instigate a new world!
SAIT requires instructors to teach in the Information Systems Security (ISS) Program. The ISS program prepares students to enter the security profession with confidence and solid fundamental knowledge. The contract instructor position encompasses teaching classes in all our semesters.
The instructor’s role is to professionally manage the learning process of the students and to ensure that students achieve established learning objectives to the maximum of their potential. The instructor is to make use of any and all available resources, methods, techniques and strategies, to ensure student success. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with colleagues, and check in regularly with course leads, to create a learning environment which is pedagogically sound, technically supported and innovative in nature.
- Prepare and present lessons, lectures, assignments, quizzes, exams, lab activities, and lab demonstrations for learners
- Maintain records for the purposes of grading, assessing professionalism and tracking attendance in both theory and lab classes
- Manage the classroom or lab to ensure a positive learning environment
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Provide on-going support, guidance and advice to students
- Assist in the development of Curriculum
- Manage the student lab environment including scheduling, and proper use and storage of lab equipment and supplies
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Participate in curriculum/program reviews
- Relevant post-secondary education (minimum two-year diploma from a recognized institute) and a minimum of five years related industry experience.
- Teaching experience at a post-secondary institute in Canada is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to organize and present written information
- Strong commitment to delivering high quality instruction within set deadlines
- Designing, and using tools to create user interfaces for desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Programming language C, Python, and Assembly
- Networking: configure, connect and troubleshoot Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Cloud Security
- System Exploitation, detect/defense techniques
- Web application security
- Malware analysis and disassembly
- Computer forensics
- Encryption and decryption
- Security policies within operating systems and networks
Expertise in one or more of the following competencies:
Job Classification: Instructor
Hourly rate: $38.36
# of positions: 4
Position closing date: Sept 1, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
Personal information that you provide is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP Act) section 33(c) and will be used for the purposes of managing the application, selection and interview process. Should you require further information about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact the SAIT FOIP Coordinator at [email protected]
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.