Instructor – Human Resources Management and Management Course
Academic – School of Business /
SAFA Casual – Approved Program
Apply for this job
At SAIT’s School of Business, we deliver cutting-edge programs that inspire learners and leaders to take action and get results. We are one of the largest business schools in Western Canada, we put significant stock in all things industry driven, starting with programs delivered by faculty who are experts in the field.
We’re proud to be recognized by CEO World Magazine’s Best Business Schools in the World as the second highest ranking Business School in Canada in 2023. Students and instructors benefit from our unique applied education model — working collaboratively with each other and industry.
School of Business is currently recruiting an instructor to teach in our Human Resources Management and Management majors across both the Business Administration diploma and Bachelor of Business Administration degree programs.
As an ideal candidate, you are a self-starter, have a passion for teaching others as well as a passion for lifelong learning. You demonstrate excellence in your communication skills, organizational skills and have the ability to function in a collaborative team environment. Have a growth mindset and incorporate Design Thinking approach to your work and willing to collaborate with your colleagues.
- In the Classroom
- Manage and lead a dynamic inclusive learning environment that allows students to express, share and challenge ideas respectfully.
- Develop capability to engage with students in a virtual, face-to-face, hyflex and blended course environments.
- Instructor, mentor, advisor and coach to students. Supporting their academic and professional development in preparation for their career and life.
- Other Duties
- Meet SAIT’s strategic initiatives as they relate to the institutional strategic plan as well as the ED&I strategic plan.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience with progressive responsibilities. Proven management and leadership skills are an asset.
- Previous teaching or instructional experience at a post-secondary level is preferred; adjunct, contract, part-time or full-time.
- Masters degree in a business discipline.
- Ph.D. or doctoral is an asset.
- Intermediate level skills in the use of business productivity software
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR – S4001
Hourly range: $40.48 – $46.91
# of positions: 4
Position End Date: May 3, 2024
Posting closing date: November 24, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.